Kraton Trouble fitting hot racing rear diff cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HR does this so that you're obliged to buy their entire assembly. Honestly, I understand their logic as a business decision but the idea turned off a lot of RC'ers in regards to their 6s housing assembly (I, for one, and that's why I went with Vitavon). I never understood why one would buy just the rear cap but not the housing as well. I get it, it's an expensive hobby, but the drivetrain is not an area where one should skimp out (no offense @kenyanr1).

Let us know how it works out.
I get that. I’ve got a stock cap coming in the mail today. Only tried the hr because they didn’t a stock replacement available.
I have problems getting stock ones to seat without backing the hinge pin block off sometimes. It's worth backing it out of the way and getting the points of the tabs directly lined up with the drive cup hole.
Took the pin off completely and it still wouldn’t fit. I’m just gonna put a stock cap back on it. Thanks for the advice, though

Update- I got the hot racing cover to fit how it supposed to. I ended up taking the hinge pin completely off and literally mashing the cover into place. It was a very tight fit but it all went together perfectly. Test drive also went well. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back