Notorious Hot Racing AON12C01

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matschik2023

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, hat does this component do(AON12C01) ? Doesn't it make more sense to replace the entire unit (AON12M01) ?

Greetings Martin

Well the first link is the cover, the other is the actual bulkhead case.. you would need both to complete the "unit".. not sure why they are sold separately, I'd assume greed!! 🤣

Hello, hat does this component do(AON12C01) ? Doesn't it make more sense to replace the entire unit (AON12M01) ?

Greetings Martin
That part will fit on the plastic stock bottom part. It will add quite a bit of support. I just use that piece on my infraction. If you are having diff issues it will help cause the plastic cover flexing or cracking allows the gears to slip. Of course it is better to use the entire aluminum gearbox. Aluminum gearboxes will pay for themselves. Ring and input gears are expensive to replace every couple runs.

That part will fit on the plastic stock bottom part. It will add quite a bit of support. I just use that piece on my infraction. If you are having diff issues it will help cause the plastic cover flexing or cracking allows the gears to slip. Of course it is better to use the entire aluminum gearbox. Aluminum gearboxes will pay for themselves. Ring and input gears are expensive to replace every couple runs.
Ok, thank's for the answer!
I don't drive wildly. So I'm not an extreme basher. I thought I had left it somewhere because the aluminum has better heat dissipation?

Ok, thank's for the answer!
I don't drive wildly. So I'm not an extreme basher. I thought I had left it somewhere because the aluminum has better heat dissipation?
Yeah aluminum does that too. I aluminize all my diffs.😂 They really don’t ever strip as long as I keep an eye on the bearings where the center drive shaft connects. If they ever wobble I change the bearings. This is also a real good spot for ceramic bearings. Another improvement that will pay for itself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back