Kraton Trouble fitting hot racing rear diff cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyanr1

Reaction score
I just bought a hot racing diff cover for the rear of my v5 6s Kraton. Guy at the hobby shop told me it would fit perfectly with the stock diff case. The screw holes line up but the cover doesn’t sit up against the case. Anybody experience this?

I just bought a hot racing diff cover for the rear of my v5 6s Kraton. Guy at the hobby shop told me it would fit perfectly with the stock diff case. The screw holes line up but the cover doesn’t sit up against the case. Anybody experience this?

Photos would help..
to see what you're describing.

You can see the gap in this photo

IMG_9231.jpeg

On both sides?

Make sure that the shims (if any) are sitting against the bearing face and not crimped between the mating surfaces.

Are the HR caps made to use on the HR housings only or can they be used on the Arrma composite units as well?

Is the bearing fully and correctly seated into the bulkhead?

Pretty sure the guy was wrong. I think the ridge that seats the cap into the bulkhead isn't a perfect match. The HR bulkheads are great though and I'm glad I switched. Look closely at that ridge that goes around the cap

Pretty sure the guy was wrong. I think the ridge that seats the cap into the bulkhead isn't a perfect match. The HR bulkheads are great though and I'm glad I switched. Look closely at that ridge that goes around the cap
I think you just nailed it. The bottom ridge doesn’t seem to line up

The HR site doesn’t specify that they can be used with composite bulkhead.

Odd, the stock plastic cap I beleive fits the HR aluminum bulkhead. Surprised the reverse does not work.

I think you just nailed it. The bottom ridge doesn’t seem to line up
In the hobby shop guys defense, they do work the other way. As in, HR bulkhead with stock cap. Kinda easy to assume they would be interchangeable I guess

Photos would help..
to see what you're describing.
+1
Do you have a New stocker bulkhead around to fit and confirm with? This happening both front and rear?

I have problems getting stock ones to seat without backing the hinge pin block off sometimes. It's worth backing it out of the way and getting the points of the tabs directly lined up with the drive cup hole.

HR does this so that you're obliged to buy their entire assembly. Honestly, I understand their logic as a business decision but the idea turned off a lot of RC'ers in regards to their 6s housing assembly (I, for one, and that's why I went with Vitavon). I never understood why one would buy just the rear cap but not the housing as well. I get it, it's an expensive hobby, but the drivetrain is not an area where one should skimp out (no offense @kenyanr1).

Let us know how it works out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back