Typhon Truggify Typhon 6s BLX Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comptrekkie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have recently got a Typhon v5 6S BLX. Love the beast and want to truggify it. I have been reading the forums here and watching YouTube videos. Seems to be a few ways to do it and lots of part numbers for various versions floating around throughout the years. I have put together the below parts list that I think is correct. Wanted to verify this is all I need?

AR310484 Kraton wheel hex
AR310590 Kraton Front CVD Stud Axle
AR310591 Kraton Rear Stub axle
AR330404 Kraton rear hub
AR330505 Kraton front hub

If so, then can I just grab these from JennysRC and have all I need? Comes out cheaper than sourcing all the parts below.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...afts-front-rear-center-universal-cvd-ar106040

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...hubs-16-5mm-adaptors-wheel-red-nuts-ara8608v5

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...bearings-front-rear-uprights-blocks-ara8608v5

Wanted to get experienced peoples thoughts on this before I buy. This is my first time doing this. Thank you.

Yes, putting the Kraton hubs on will get you a little extra width, only about a 1/2" total though... if you want even more width, you can switch over to Mojave a-arms, but you'll also need to run the Mojave axle shafts as well, so that route is a little more pricey... and obviously, if you do both, it's even more width, all depends on what you want and what your budget is
Here's my daughter's with Mojave arms and Kraton hubs and 4s backflips

Attachments

• 20231107_220229.jpg
    20231107_220229.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231107_215437.jpg
    20231107_215437.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 37
Yes, putting the Kraton hubs on will get you a little extra width, only about a 1/2" total though... if you want even more width, you can switch over to Mojave a-arms, but you'll also need to run the Mojave axle shafts as well, so that route is a little more pricey... and obviously, if you do both, it's even more width, all depends on what you want and what your budget is
Here's my daughter's with Mojave arms and Kraton hubs and 4s backflips
I like that look. I will try out just the kraton parts and see how I like that. If I feel like I need wider after, this will be my next step. I like those tires as well. I was looking at running Badlands MX M2s. That's what I have on my current setup, the smaller 1/8 version. I was looking at getting the 2.8's but don't see those in 17mm, only see the 3.8s. Hoping 3.8s are not too big for the motor and gearing. Still learning all this. been a decade since I was into RC cars, a lot changed.

I like that look. I will try out just the kraton parts and see how I like that. If I feel like I need wider after, this will be my next step. I like those tires as well. I was looking at running Badlands MX M2s. That's what I have on my current setup, the smaller 1/8 version. I was looking at getting the 2.8's but don't see those in 17mm, only see the 3.8s. Hoping 3.8s are not too big for the motor and gearing. Still learning all this. been a decade since I was into RC cars, a lot changed.
What type of terrain do you run the most on? I've experimented alot with different tires on this rig, so I can give you some pretty good feedback if I know where and how you'll be running the majority of the time?

What type of terrain do you run the most on? I've experimented alot with different tires on this rig, so I can give you some pretty good feedback if I know where and how you'll be running the majority of the time?
Mostly grass, small hills, and occasionally dirt, high spend and not wanting to flip so much in the grass. Not planning any crazy jumps at this time. not wanting to break things too much. I do like to do some fast small jumps on the hills.

I do have a set of Hoons and plan to change out to the fast pinion for occasional fun top speed runs. but that won’t be often. I believe from what I have read I can still put my 1/8 17mm Hoons on to pay around with the kraton setup. I have also heard the bigger wheels make it into a wheely machine. Hoping with the right Diff fluid I can keep it under control. Part of why I am trying to decide what size wheel I can pull off. Most my knowledge is from reading and YouTube. Lots to still learn first hand.

Then your best bet, imo, would be the Badland 3.8, the regular ones that are 5.75" tall and just under 3" wide, NOT the MX ones, those are too wide and heavy and will make the car clumsy... the 6s Mojave tires are another good option too, just make sure to vent them and tape over the vent holes in the wheels and keep an eye on the glue

Then your best bet, imo, would be the Badland 3.8, the regular ones that are 5.75" tall and just under 3" wide, NOT the MX ones, those are too wide and heavy and will make the car clumsy... the 6s Mojave tires are another good option too, just make sure to vent them and tape over the vent holes in the wheels and keep an eye on the glue
oh, did not notice those. Do you mean these?

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-line-Badlands-Terrain-Mounted-PRO117810/dp/B07W83BWR8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2X7QEBPL35CZ5&keywords=Pro-Line+Racing+Badlands+3.8+MTD+Raid+8x32+Wheels+17mm+MT+F%2FR+PRO117810&qid=1702052628&sprefix=pro-line+racing+badlands+3.8+mtd+raid+8x32+wheels+17mm+mt+f%2Fr+pro117810%2Caps%2C698&sr=8-1

Yup, those are a little shorter, narrower and lighter than the 4s Backflip lp tires I'm running, they're a little pricey, but are an awesome tire and will still allow you to be somewhat nimble
They also come with zero and 1/2" offset hexes, so essentially, if you run the 1/2" offset ones with the Kraton hubs, it would be very similar to running Mojave arms and Kraton hubs and you wouldn't have to buy the arms or cv shafts...👍

A
Yup, those are a little shorter, narrower and lighter than the 4s Backflip lp tires I'm running, they're a little pricey, but are an awesome tire and will still allow you to be somewhat nimble
They also come with zero and 1/2" offset hexes, so essentially, if you run the 1/2" offset ones with the Kraton hubs, it would be very similar to running Mojave arms and Kraton hubs and you wouldn't have to buy the arms or cv shafts...👍
Awesome Sounds like a win. I really like the 1/8 badlands MX I am running now. Lot better than the stock ones. Figured they would be even better in a bigger size for truggified. I will play with the 1/2 offset and See how that feels. I just order the Kraton parts I listed above from JennysRC. Should be fun. Thanks for the help. I saw most ran the 2.8 badlands MX. but you have to use a hex adapter. Not sure of the adapters durability. But think the 3.8 will be a better option.

I ran the 2.8 belted Badland Mx's and absolutely despised them... and yes, the hexes don't hold up unless you run the aluminum ones which are ridiculously expensive... the 3.8 version are gtg 👍

I ran the 2.8 belted Badland Mx's and absolutely despised them... and yes, the hexes don't hold up unless you run the aluminum ones which are ridiculously expensive... the 3.8 version are gtg 👍
Thanks again for the info. This is the path I am going to take.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back