Typhon Typhon 6s 4070tp 2700kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snupe

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I need help I’ve been trying to hard to get my Typhon to be a drag with good speed. Right now I’m running 4070 cm 2700kv tp motor with mmx8s with 42t spur 25t on the motor and only doing 80 can someone please help me get more speed.

what lipo are you using?

what lipo are you using?
Smc 5500 6s

I wonder if he’s talking drag time/speed rather than top speed with a longer runway.

@snupe - can you share more details about what you’re trying to accomplish?
Ok I wana do drag. I just ran my car n did like 67mph in 132 ft. Took like 2.5 seconds

Smc 5500 6s

Ok I wana do drag. I just ran my car n did like 67mph in 132 ft. Took like 2.5 seconds
I wana get my car down the strip quick asap

That's too much gear for 6s and 2700kv... back down the pinion to a 21 or 22 and see what happens, rc calculators don't always translate to real world results in a drag scenario... Also, some prep on the rear tires will do wonders, I'm sure you're spinning on the line at least a little

That's too much gear for 6s and 2700kv... back down the pinion to a 21 or 22 and see what happens, rc calculators don't always translate to real world results in a drag scenario... Also, some prep on the rear tires will do wonders, I'm sure you're spinning on the line at least a little
I’m trying to get this thing to rocket out the hole. So I should get the 42t spur n change to a 21t or 22t ?

I’m trying to get this thing to rocket out the hole. So I should keep the 42t spur n change to a 21t or 22t ?

I’m trying to get this thing to rocket out the hole. So I should get the 42t spur n change to a 21t or 22t ?
With the 25t I got up to 67 mph in the 132 but it wasn’t that fast

Leave the spur for now and jump down at least a couple teeth on the pinion. You can make tire prep really easy at home for cheap, it's just messy but if you wanna go fast, you gotta use it.

Leave the spur for now and jump down at least a couple teeth on the pinion. You can make tire prep really easy at home for cheap, it's just messy but if you wanna go fast, you gotta use it.
Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate this I’ll get back to you wen I get the new gear setup n everything timed I’ll let you know the time n speed

Corn syrup and corn starch, mix em together and boil for 3 to 4 minutes, you can add food coloring for fun if you want, let it cool and pour it into a squeezable container

Back