Infraction Trying motor combos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm goin got try the 2200Kv just to see then I'm going to put the 1650 back in with a 21t pinion. I just want to see how it does.
I have ran both motors in my infraction with the MMX8S. The 1650 has so much more torque that I run it with a 27 pinion and on 6S it really doesn’t get hot. The 2200 gets hot in my typhon with MMX on 6S. The 1650 just handles it much much better and gets to speed quicker because of the extra torque.

Cant wait until my castle 2400 gets here tomorrow. Its going to sound and go like a rocket. What fun :)
I think you're going to love it. It's the smoothest motor I've yet had in my hands (I think LMT are on a similar level of smooth from what I've seen but I have yet to try one myself as they're a bit on the pricey side of things).

So far I've only run my 1721 on 3S in my GT Infraction. 3S PB thus far of 122mph and I'm pretty sure it has a few more in it. It's a wonderful motor imho.

Man.. All I can think Is I haven't sleep a wink because I found a very big parking lot today and run it hard.. Only a 1250 but it goes good on 6 and 8s,, I'm hooked bad.. .. As far as the 1721 the only problem I see Is temps.. Don't take long to get worm like you guys said . I bet that motor will sounds
good turning some rpms. Cant wait :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Man.. All I can think Is I haven't sleep a wink because I found a very big parking lot today and run it hard.. Only a 1250 on 6 and 8s and I'm hooked bad.. .. As far as the 1721 the only problem I see Is temps.. Don't take long to get worm like you guys said . I bet that motor will sound good turning some rpms. Cant wait :ROFLMAO:
If I were you, I'd start out on 4S and see how it does. You could, of course, alternately go with 6S and just gear it down. Higher voltage will, in turn, result in lower amps which should help moderate temps. In either case, it's probably worthwhile to look at a good cooling solution for the motor. I always like to recommend a Powerhobby fan clamp as it allows you to put either 2x30mm or 2x40mm fans on your motor with minimal effort. Look into some good high RPM 40x40x28mm 12V server fans as they just move a lot of air. I just connect mine to the balance lead of one of my primary packs with a 3-way switch that allows me to choose between off/2S/3S operation depending on how much cooling is needed.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...luminum-47-49mm-dia-motor-mount-30mm-40mm-fan
1665739586473.png

So what you're saying is, my esc will have an easier time running my 3770kv TP 4040 on 6s than it will on 4s? I'm currently building a typhon GT with that motor and an mmx8s. I previously blew up a castle mmx and spektrum 150a with that motor on 4s lol. I took it out of my typhon 3s at that point and it's been collecting dust until now.

I'm going to toss a 12v fan on that motor and hope it doesn't get too toasty

So what you're saying is, my esc will have an easier time running my 3770kv TP 4040 on 6s than it will on 4s? I'm currently building a typhon GT with that motor and an mmx8s. I previously blew up a castle mmx and spektrum 150a with that motor on 4s lol. I took it out of my typhon 3s at that point and it's been collecting dust until now.

I run a 160 esc . I got a 130 just hanging around.

I run a 160 esc . I got a 130 just hanging around.
Wait you are going to run the castle 2400 with a 160a esc??!?

Yes. Need to. Id burn it up with less. Runing on 4s my 130-amp isn't bad . Lot better than stock

Last edited:
Yes. Need to. Id burn it up with less. Runing on 4s my 130-amp isn't bad . Lot better than stock
Oh wow I thought a 1721 needed more esc than that :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Uhm...not to be a Debbie Downer, but you're going to be hitting your amp limit pretty much constantly with that motor. Even with low gearing.

3770KV sounds a little hot for 6S imho (unless it's an SCM). I'd probably stick to 4S with that one.

Uhm...not to be a Debbie Downer, but you're going to be hitting your amp limit pretty much constantly with that motor. Even with low gearing.

3770KV sounds a little hot for 6S imho (unless it's an SCM). I'd probably stick to 4S with that one.
I would think 3770kv would be a 3s max. Heck, on 6s that would be over 83,000 RPM.

I would think 3770kv would be a 3s max. Heck, on 6s that would be over 83,000 RPM.
Should be good for 4S. Once you factor in load and voltage sag you're in the 50k RPM range which even a non CM TP motor can handle without issue.

Should be good for 4S. Once you factor in load and voltage sag you're in the 50k RPM range which even a non CM TP motor can handle without issue.
Yeah, I really don't know much if anything about speed run stuff. I guess it is designed for a single pass, then cool down.
But the fact that he fried two different ESCs trying to use it says he is not doing something right!

So I was thinking of running my castle 2200kv sensored in my infraction but the castle website says no? I run it in my kraton with M2C essentials kit. I’m running a MMX8S on 6S max. with a rocket fan and dual 30mm fans on the motor. I had a 1650kv in this before but the 2200kv just seems so fast. The infraction weights 3-3.5lbs less. I’m just curious? View attachment 249747t
I'm with you on this. I just tossed a 2200 on my stretched Typhon and let me tell you so far so good just testing right now. I got her on 26/40 p/s right now and she is doing 99mph with temps in the 130s max. I'll say I run her like a speed run car so run and cool off but I have done double and triple passes a couple of times and temps still ok. I have heard so much about the heat issues for this little motor but maybe its the older models before the sensored not sure but not seeing it yet. I plan to get her on 30/46 this weekend just to break 100 maybe 104 is goal. Also I have heard many guys running in the limitless and having success so unless you're over like 18lbs you should be good imo only lol. Bummer after typing all this I realized I have to go to the end of this thread to see what happened lol. lets see.

Edit: New post cool

Last edited:
So I was thinking of running my castle 2200kv sensored in my infraction but the castle website says no? I run it in my kraton with M2C essentials kit. I’m running a MMX8S on 6S max. with a rocket fan and dual 30mm fans on the motor. I had a 1650kv in this before but the 2200kv just seems so fast. The infraction weights 3-3.5lbs less. I’m just curious? View attachment 249747t
I run a HW sensored 2250kv/6s in my Lim. HW XR8 Plus Full sensored Mode. No issues. Dependable. On paper it is good for 120. Give or take. Space limiting, I am getting consistent 98 mph. I consider myself a lightweight. I cant' get longer than 2 second pulls before space runs out for me. Has longer legs, no doubt. 5+ second Full power pulls are the norm. And the very minimum to get these rigs to spool up to max attainable speeds.
Sure, heat will always need to be considered, with taller gearing. Cooldowns are mandatory, or you are just abusing your Speed rig.
All depends what speed you want to get to. Many buy Electrics with the hopes of 200mph target speeds , but never really end up there or even get close. Choosing the motor for the target speed is the best way to go. Gearing dials in the rest. Need to use a calculator along with your objective to plan all this out first.
I know that I will not get to the big leagues with My HW gear. For that, CC is a must.

Last edited:

Dude you still got it lol. I got Amazon to take it back and got myself the 2400kv speed motor and teamed it up with XLX2. No more games lol. I'm loving the new 2200kv right now though. I think that 3770Kv is good for a slash or something like that. I put her on 6s on the stretched typon and got like 70 something max speed. was waaaaaack lol. Thinking about it now, I would probably try and gear it down plenty and go up on RPM to see where that would go.

The higher the KV, the higher the RPM's with a given voltage.
However, available Torque will be drastically reduced. Resulting Heat will have to be addressed.
And all that KV will not help you get to higher speeds. Better to lower your kv and go with taller gearing. Taking advantage of the available torque is what matters. I myself would not consider anything higher than 2250kv for a 6s setup as an example. My Lim.
Yeah 3770 kv is best for much lighter 1/10 rigs. Less torque being needed. You need more torque for Heavy rigs.
There is usually an inverse relationship between Torque and RPM's.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back