Kraton Programming new Kraton 6S EXB. Trying to fix nosedive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So based on the reviews and comments I purchased the Spectrum Smart programming card to help with the nosedive issue. Is there any videos how to upgrade? I downloaded the app and have the car sitting here and don’t know what to do next. Thanks.
Rick

I haven't been following closely but from what I saw the new shipments should have the latest firmware/fix. If you aren't sure then you could try updating the firmware for your program box, and then your ESC. Google or Youtube search for details.

I was able to get the box hooked up to the car. I didn’t adjust anything. I thought there was gonna be an upgrade option but it just cycled through the different settings.
Have you driven it? All the other exbs have already been updated from factory :)
Yeah, drives great. I was just going to upgrade because they said it had issues. So I wanted to make sure I was up to date.

When you connect the program card to the ESC and power it on, and hit select, it’ll show the current firmware version. Current version is b5.07.

What do you mean by nose dive? What is it doing exactly?

I was able to get the box hooked up to the car. I didn’t adjust anything. I thought there was gonna be an upgrade option but it just cycled through the different settings.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious; You need to hook the card up to a computer as well to update the firmware, I believe. Not just to the car, like you would for simply changing settings on the ESC.

What do you mean by nose dive? What is it doing exactly?
Has to do with the first OE F/W , the Drag brake was there by default, no way to adjust it , Defective F/W Code I imagine.
Because of this, when you released the trigger, the rig would halt, doing ENDO's when in the air. Hence the nose dive effect , lawn darting a lot.
It was apparently quite undriveable. Until HH got the New F/W sorted out. (n)
I would imagine this would be easy enough to notice if yours had the Old F/W.
Easy enough to see by running it first, ever so carefully. It would be so obvious Especially if you are familiar the with drag brakes in your Crawler:giggle:

There's no firmware issue with the Kraton 6S EXB.
Seems like the front is really low and when you slow down or hit the breaks it almost hits the ground.

Just add more shock preload to the front if this is bothering you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back