Typhon Typhon 18t pinion stock motor / spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea, I don't even know what a voltage sag is or what causes it. The esc blinks red slowly though after it "overheats". It goes super fast, then slows waaaay down like the battery's dead. If I plug it in, it charges for like 5-10 minutes, then its done. If I turn the car off then on again, its fast again.

That's voltage sag.. it's dipping below the lvc threshold.. that is a battery issue.. (not large enough C/mah rating)...

A thermal shut down renders the esc useless and won't respond to trigger input..👍

Yeah, I can't even make more than one pass, my ESC over heats at full speed after about 150feet. I even have the front window cut out for air flow. 🤷‍♂️
That’s not overheating in 150ft. That’s amp limiting. You are pulling the trigger too full too fast. Take a longer time getting to full throttle. If you can’t get to full throttle, even using the most range available, then you are geared too high. You can also get an ESC that has a higher amp limit.

No, to small of battery..
5200 mah, fully charged.
That’s not overheating in 150ft. That’s amp limiting. You are pulling the trigger too full too fast. Take a longer time getting to full throttle. If you can’t get to full throttle, even using the most range available, then you are geared too high. You can also get an ESC that has a higher amp limit.
I take about 150 feet to get up to speed. I guess I could take longer though...

No, to small of battery..
There is also an amp limit with the small ESCs. I had huge 4S packs and it would still cut out. The ESC will just cut out to save itself from amp overloading.

What would happen if I put a 20T pinion in a bigrock for speed runs only? Overheat? or no? Actually a senton converted typhon with bigrock tires.
I put a 19 on my BRCC and it was slower and seemed to have significantly less amount of torque...put the 15 back on and it seemingly improved! Font ask me why or how though lol

I put a 19 on my BRCC and it was slower and seemed to have significantly less amount of torque...put the 15 back on and it seemingly improved! Font ask me why or how though lol
You have less instant torque and more cogging with a higher tooth pinion, but higher top speed

5200 mah, fully charged.

I take about 150 feet to get up to speed. I guess I could take longer though...
Try 900ft 😜 Honestly I try to get about an 800-1000ft distance from me to the start line. Depends on visibility and weather. Then making my pass I’m not full throttle until the car passes me. As it passes is the only time I’m full throttle. And that is only for the last second or so.

Just kidding, it didn't have enough torque to move it probably.
Try 900ft 😜 Honestly I try to get about an 800-1000ft distance from me to the start line. Depends on visibility and weather. Then making my pass I’m not full throttle until the car passes me. As it passes is the only time I’m full throttle. And that is only for the last second or so.
I have maybe 600-800 feet. I'm not a good judge of distance though... and your getting to higher speeds, i'm getting to 50-60 mph.

You have less instant torque and more cogging with a higher tooth pinion, but higher top speed
Ya I know but I believe it was the temps. I don't have a temp gun so I can't say for sure but it was pretty toasty to the touch...we had a chat about this before this and found I guess a 17 or 18 to be pretty sufficient! 🤷‍♂️

Ya I know but I believe it was the temps. I don't have a temp gun so I can't say for sure but it was pretty toasty to the touch...we had a chat about this before this and found I guess a 17 or 18 to be pretty sufficient! 🤷‍♂️
Sorry, didn’t mean to come off as rude lol, once I put a 3670 motor in my big rock I found it stays cooler with an 18T pinion. Then I put a 4074 motor in and broke an axle....

19 on my typhon is perfect!
Sorry, didn’t mean to come off as rude lol, once I put a 3670 motor in my big rock I found it stays cooler with an 18T pinion. Then I put a 4074 motor in and broke an axle....
No, no offense taken lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back