Typhon 3s and Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt LiL

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
I have a 3D printer that I got to print inserts for my boardgames, another hobby that sucks money too. Anyways, with the recent purchases of both a Typhon 3s and Big Rock I decided to check out Thingiverse to see what I can find to print stuff for either vehicle. Well, I printed a driveshaft protector for both and for the Big Rock I printed a shield for the front half of the tub that stops little rocks from getting into the tub. Small stuff, I know, I’ll print more or buy more when I break stuff.

3F62498B-6F9A-43B0-A81E-05A523D65016.jpeg

E31B8AC6-F125-4A0D-A63D-6F24B2A18F65.jpeg

Both look great. Rocks getting in the steering and the driveshaft on these 3s trucks is a big problem. I made 2 pieces of dense foam to fit under the ackerman plate and linkage to keep rocks out. You can burn up a servo pretty quick when a rock keeps your wheels turned, but you let the wheel on the TX return to neutral.

I also forgot to mention motor supports that I printed as well. The motor floats and has the potential of binding the gears when landing hard. There are two types of mounts, one that mounts straight up and down and the other allows the motor to be mounted at about a thirty degree angle. My Big Rock likes the straight up and down and the Typhon likes the thirty degree

The guy that made the driveshaft protector linked to a video on YouTube where the reviewer was talking about potential pitfalls he could see with the Big Rock so the guy made the protector because of what this reviewer’s concerns were. I have the YouTube link below:

B1A46AFA-F097-4322-9962-421712D9B1B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back