Big Rock Big Rock Max6 G2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trexdd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
With the weather the way it’s been, I’ve had some time to start tinkering on my Big Rock.

I don’t know if mail will deliver the final pieces for it today or not but my fingers are crossed.

So far, I’ve pulled the differentials, the rear one exploded from factory on stock electronics. I kept the LSD in the centre. Went with 60k/200k/30k FRC.

Just finished soldering ends on the Max6. Shouldn’t need to trim the ESC base because of the long wheelbase. Unlike in the Kraton.

I have some MX38 Badlands with GPM 17mm hexes because I already tore the ProLine ones apart on stock electronics.

Anyone had any luck replacing springs with stiffer ones on these 6S trucks as they get heavier?

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

IMG_3202.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

IMG_3205.jpeg

IMG_3206.jpeg

IMG_3207.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

The rear diff breaking probably was due to not shimming the diff. Those upgraded EXB GP4 diffs are tough otherwise.

Looking forward to your future posts and the Max6 G2 1650kv was a solid pick for this heavy rig (I run the Max6 G1 in my FT6 and the new G2 on my Kraton 6S EXB, but I feel though it's overkill on the Kraton).

The rear diff breaking probably was due to not shimming the diff. Those upgraded EXB GP4 diffs are tough otherwise.

Looking forward to your future posts and the Max6 G2 1650kv was a solid pick for this heavy rig (I run the Max6 G1 in my FT6 and the new G2 on my Kraton 6S EXB, but I feel though it's overkill on the Kraton).
Didn’t so much explode as the gasket was torn and fluid leaked out. So a new gasket and fresh fluid on all three.

IMG_3212.jpeg

Hinge pin retainers arrived from Scorched. Front bulkhead section has been reassembled. New Scorched retainers on the lowers and upper. New larger shock posts/mounts from Scorched as well. New steering knuckle on the right, but will need to wait until tomorrow to button the right side up as there was a bad outboard bearing.

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

All back together. All told, this truck received a new Max6 G2 with the 4990 1650 KV motor, currently with a 19T pinion and the stock 50T spur gear. Racers edge diff fluid with a 60/200/60 F/C/R with the centre being the LSD. As well this got M2C chassis braces, rear shock tower brace and their aluminum servo mount. The servo that’s installed is a Shift RCs XB, until my 45kg from AGF RC shows up or it breaks. It also received Scorched hinge pin retainers, shock mounts and new mesh screws. Arrma’s own adjustable servo saver with an extra hard EXB spring. Proline MX38 Badlands with GPM aluminum hubs.

I can’t say enough good things about the Scorched hinge pins. Machining is fantastic, product was here very quick from UK, allows me to retain all of the stock body mount options. Great pieces, ESPECIALLY if you’ve got an EXB bumper or a Mojave or Big Rock.

Won’t be able to run it until some nicer weather or I get down to a beach at low tide. The snow here is very heavy and wet right now, with more on the way. But now I’m starting to look at paddle tires…

If anyone can see anything I should maybe consider or any other recommendations please let me know!

I also am looking for tougher springs to help with the weight of this truck and think I have found some on AliExpress that’ll work.

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3255.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

If I could make a recommendation since you've already changed out the servo saver spring - get the new EXB v2 steering and bellcrank with the new dual servo saver spring. It's worth it otherwise you're not doing any favors with a power servo but an anemic servo saver. The servo isn't doing much when you're bashing.

This is coming from someone that owns a FT6 with a REEFS RAW 500 and the stock EXB v1 servo saver upgrade - didn't do poop.

I’m the worst at documenting anything I do. But I had some ADU parts arrive the other day and installed them.

New steering bar, front and rear shock towers and a servo horn. As well as the new upgraded servo saver to help try and combat poor steering.

IMG_3629.jpeg

IMG_3628.jpeg

IMG_3626.jpeg

IMG_3622.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

Back