Typhon Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corypavlak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Looking to buy a Arrma typhon 3s to bash and track runs. Was wondering if anybody out there runs their Typhon on indoor and outdoor tracks 2S for indoors and maybe the 3s packs for outdoor dirt tracks If anybody has any experience with this truggy much would be appreciated on the feedback.

I run it on an out door track on 3s. it's really not bad. almost neck in neck with my 6s Typhon, major difference is due to not having a center diff you need to be really sensitive on the throttle, you need to accelerate really softly, especially in corners because the rear end will easily lose control.

being so light weight and well built meaning it's extremely durable.
major drawback other than the center diff is almost no adjustments, but the stock setup is good. so it's only a drawback if you like messing with thing, if you don't then it's a plus.

Only thing i would change on it - apart from tires - are a faster servo. Stock shocks are perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks Much appreciated do you know of any upgrade that you can do to stop the rear end from spinning out

Thanks Much appreciated do you know of any upgrade that you can do to stop the rear end from spinning out

Hi Cory,
For stabilised a bit, I added stick weight at the rear end of the Mega chassis (diff case). One 1/4 oz. Did not see much difference with only 1/4 oz. on track;

At 5lbs11oz, theTyphon 3s is a lightweight RC.
You can also change oil diff, changing pinion, heavier shocks, f/r bumper… (what I will do on the futur Typhon 3s for my son)
But I don't guarantee anything. :)
PL

I don't think you can do much, apart of maybe lower the rear diff viscocity? but.. it's less of an issue on high grip surfaces at least.

The only hope is that the new 4s line (that rumored to be announced pretty soon) will use a center diff, and then we can use it on our Typhon, as the platform will be similar. But there was no leaked parts that suggest a center diff (or the lack thereof).. we'll see.

Hi Cory,
For stabilised a bit, I added stick weight at the rear end of the Mega chassis (diff case). One 1/4 oz. Did not see much difference with only 1/4 oz. on track;
View attachment 34477

At 5lbs11oz, theTyphon 3s is a lightweight RC.
You can also change oil diff, changing pinion, heavier shocks, f/r bumper… (what I will do on the futur Typhon 3s for my son)
But I don't guarantee anything. :)
PL
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back