Typhon 6s ESC keeps restarting when pressing accelerate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaks

Reaction score
As above! I was running in the UKs annual 3 days of sunny weather. I was 3/4 through first battery.

The car stopped running. Every time I pressed accelerate, the ESC would reset and do 4 green lights. I've just tried it again now at home,beeped/flashed 7 times, and still no acceleration.

Has the ESC broke?

As above! I was running in the UKs annual 3 days of sunny weather. I was 3/4 through first battery.

The car stopped running. Every time I pressed accelerate, the ESC would reset and do 4 green lights. I've just tried it again now at home,beeped/flashed 7 times, and still no acceleration.

Has the ESC broke?
Contact Horrizon asap your esc is no good , happen to a few of my rigs after a few hrs a driving .

Has the ESC broke?

I had similar problems on my max6 and it turned out my motor fans had shorted. Cables to the fans had twirled around driveaxle. So...I disconnected fans and it was all good.

Has the ESC broke?
if its the stock esc and servo it could be the servo that's doing it. that's what happened on my new kraton v5

if its the stock esc and servo it could be the servo that's doing it. that's what happened on my new kraton v5
Yes, that happened to me as well. It was an amp hungry servo causing brownouts and subsequent restarts. Faulty servos can also cause this.
OP: Put the car on a stand, unplug the servo and see if it recurs.

Yes, that happened to me as well. It was an amp hungry servo causing brownouts and subsequent restarts. Faulty servos can also cause this.
OP: Put the car on a stand, unplug the servo and see if it recurs.
True , Spectrum sucks 😕

Could be a lot of things but good advice here to unplug fans, servo, and re-test. Could also be the motor or receiver. If you have spares you could swap each in to test.

That is what I do to pin point the problem.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back