Typhon 6s requires a Kraton 6s Chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
Advice needed.. I would like make this Typhon 6s TLR go fast. To install a mamba xlx2 along with a TP 4040 motor, but I have heard this will require getting a Kraton 6s Chassis. Looking at whats out there chassis wise, Im seeing a whole range of prices from $50-$200, LWB's etc. Is anyone running anything similar and can break this down to me what my best bet is going to be or if this is even a plausible rig to build? Thanks.

a

A quick google search tells me a TP 4040 motor is the same dimension as a Spektrum 2050Kv motor, roughly Ø40mmx77mm. The xlx2 is huge, but there are a few mounting options, tilted mount, swapping the receiver box with the esc locations etc.. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/suggestions-mounting-xlx2.51905/

I think the main reason people run a stretched or long wheel base chassis is stability at high speed

Advice needed.. I would like make this Typhon 6s TLR go fast. To install a mamba xlx2 along with a TP 4040 motor, but I have heard this will require getting a Kraton 6s Chassis. Looking at whats out there chassis wise, Im seeing a whole range of prices from $50-$200, LWB's etc. Is anyone running anything similar and can break this down to me what my best bet is going to be or if this is even a plausible rig to build? Thanks.

a
What are your speed goals? You may want to get a different kind of TP motor. You can just buy a Kraton chassis, l know quite a few guys here that do exactly that- you just have to add spacers for extra length

20230223_171234.jpg

20230312_221623.jpg

What are your speed goals? You may want to get a different kind of TP motor. You can just buy a Kraton chassis, l know quite a few guys here that do exactly that- you just have to add spacers for extra length

View attachment 361192

View attachment 361193
Wait, what?!?!? You mounted your front lights to the upper A-arms?! That is a bold move, my friend. And a real out-of-the-box approach!

View attachment 361192

View attachment 361193
Thanks for the reply- I really don't have too high of a goal- 100mph would be nice, I really enjoy learning as i go, putting these together in my spare time. the 4040 is sensored and i went with the 3D wind (4590kv). figured that outta get me there and it wasnt too pricey. haven't tried out any of the TP motors, just castle and spektrum mainly. which one have you got there? and what are your thoughts on the 4040?

a

Thanks for the reply- I really don't have too high of a goal- 100mph would be nice, I really enjoy learning as i go, putting these together in my spare time. the 4040 is sensored and i went with the 3D wind (4590kv). figured that outta get me there and it wasnt too pricey. haven't tried out any of the TP motors, just castle and spektrum mainly. which one have you got there? and what are your thoughts on the 4040?

a
It's 4060cm 2200kv I think. I also have a 1721 2400kv in my Infraction 6s. I'm thinking that kv might be a problem, at least for 6s. I'm not sure tho, hopefully someone else will chime in

It's 4060cm 2200kv I think. I also have a 1721 2400kv in my Infraction 6s. I'm thinking that kv might be a problem, at least for 6s. I'm not sure tho, hopefully someone else will chime in
I'll chime in to say i completely screwed this motor order up. That 4040 has a 13v max! (3s) so hell maybe ill throw it in the Typhon Grom
:rolleyes: or in the parts box for another build. Prob not a terrible thing though because now I can choose a better sized motor for the 6s. perhaps something closer to 2000kv? back to the drawing board..

I'll chime in to say i completely screwed this motor order up. That 4040 has a 13v max! (3s) so hell maybe ill throw it in the Typhon Grom
:rolleyes: or in the parts box for another build. Prob not a terrible thing though because now I can choose a better sized motor for the 6s. perhaps something closer to 2000kv? back to the drawing board..
I have another 4060 that's 2610kv that I'm currently not using. I could sell it to you for (relatively) cheap. Let me know

20240418_113011.jpg

Back