Typhon Typhon Newly Truggified Speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me my speed topped out with my newly truggified typhon with kraton 6s parts with 1515 2200kv mmx8s castle sensored 18t pinion and Mx28 Belted tires ,i have no way to measure it and don't want to get a gps or stick my phone on it, cheers thanks

I guess you could do something like measure and make 2 lines 100 feet apart, or whatever, and time it (at top speed) between the two, then do the math. I've got to think that's a lot more accurate than asking someone to make an informed-guess. You could record a video, and use that to figure out the time difference for when it crosses the two marks.

I guess you could do something like measure and make 2 lines 100 feet apart, or whatever, and time it (at top speed) between the two, then do the math. I've got to think that's a lot more accurate than asking someone to make an informed-guess. You could record a video, and use that to figure out the time difference for when it crosses the two marks.
I know the way i'm asking it as surely someone has measured this speed and setup before i'm sure of it, haha maybe i will just get a gps darnit lol

Here’s an approximate calculation. Voltage sag may bring it down a bit, depending on the battery you use.

I’d guess 75mph.

1679503955339.png

If one was available, I've thought about strapping an old phone (a retired one) to my truck, to measure this. At least, if something went wrong, it's no great loss, if the phone got damaged. To protect from scratches (admittedly, it wouldn't do much for impacts), you could probably duct tape some cardboard around the phone.

Back in the day, when I had my gas Losi, I would run at local parks. Cops would show up cuz some Karen would call them. They were always cool and clocked me with there radar. Having donuts onboard helped also.

If one was available, I've thought about strapping an old phone (a retired one) to my truck, to measure this. At least, if something went wrong, it's no great loss, if the phone got damaged. To protect from scratches (admittedly, it wouldn't do much for impacts), you could probably duct tape some cardboard around the phone.
yeah, i really don't want to run the tires on the road though, cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back