Typhon Typhon Steering Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laynesjohnson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I've had my Typhon since February and I love the car, it jumps awesome when I can hit the jump! What I don't like is the steering. It's so squirrley till it get up speed
I can't get it lined up after a corner to take the next jump. One of the things I've noticed is the steering servo never centers in the same place
and It's been that way since new. Thinking it must be a radio problem, I went out and bought the new DX6R radio and sadly, it didn't help
at all. Some of the guys at the track have said to get a Savox SA-1256TG servo and try that, but that servo isn't waterproof! # Ideas?

I've had my Typhon since February and I love the car, it jumps awesome when I can hit the jump! What I don't like is the steering. It's so squirrley till it get up speed
I can't get it lined up after a corner to take the next jump. One of the things I've noticed is the steering servo never centers in the same place
and It's been that way since new. Thinking it must be a radio problem, I went out and bought the new DX6R radio and sadly, it didn't help
at all. Some of the guys at the track have said to get a Savox SA-1256TG servo and try that, but that servo isn't waterproof! # Ideas?

I run a PowerHD DW-25LV in my Typhon
25kg torque and plenty speed.. Centers out every time.. Waterproof.. Aluminium case.. And no likely to strip brass gears in there.. Steel and titanium in there, if not mistaken

Reefs 500 raw, bk7001hv, savox 1210sg
Strong Servos but expensive I own all three but money well spent. I’m a firm believer in settling for nothing but the best. I bought cheap stuff before on my rustler and bit me in the ass trying to go cheap and bash it at the same time

Last edited:
Most servos are kinda waterproof, and all can be waterproofed with some conformal coating on the board and grease around the output. I had a Hitec 7955 TG and it was awesome, strong and fast, but hardly worth 5x times the money over a 20kg ebay servo. Your decision...

Most servos are kinda waterproof, and all can be waterproofed with some conformal coating on the board and grease around the output. I had a Hitec 7955 TG and it was awesome, strong and fast, but hardly worth 5x times the money over a 20kg ebay servo. Your decision...
True but maybe I got a dud they lasted 3 days and Other one lasted a Wk

I used a JX PDI 6221 MG in my crawler, where it's exposed to hits and there's no servo saver (as do most of my crawling buddies and I don't think we had many failures). They get submerged too. Guess yours were from a bad batch.

Thanks for all the input, I've ordered the stock servo for now, just to see if I've got a bad servo, and will
probably do an upgrade after some research. I'll post later as to what the new servo acts like or if it's
as bad as the one that came with the car. I've seen some videos that guys really like the steering, so
maybe it's just the servo I got.

Any of the mentioned would be an upgrade, even the 15$ models. It's always good to have a spare though. I run my ADS 15 in my scaler Jeep, where a low end servo makes it act more realistic :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back