Typhon Typhon TL;DR build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghast

Fender-Deleter
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Typhon TLR
Well it didn't take long, and I partially blame @Dan B. .. But now I've got a Typhon TLR alongside my 3S Typhon. The idea with this car is to enter races at my local tracks as well as have a 6s capable basher. The difference with this build compared to my 3s is I'd like to focus a bit more on performance. Not entirely though, this car is still just for fun at the end of the day. A couple days ago I actually acquired a Team Associated RC8.2e from a local listing. And I intend on using that car as a no-frills racer.

-------------------------------------------------------
~~~ Here is the link to my Typhon 3S Build ~~~
-------------------------------------------------------

Current mods:
  • F1 Style Tail Light + Adapter

List of breaks so far:
  • None Yet
-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the car! I actually have had this for about a week and I'm honestly hesitant to take it out. I at least want to finish the race body paintjob and take some pictures before I slide this thing through some dirt. I am SO EXCITED to try this thing on 4S and 6S power, both of which I've never done before.

Current Picture of Car:

IMG_3343.jpg

Last edited:
Well it didn't take long, and I partially blame @Dan B. .. But now I've got a Typhon TLR alongside my 3S Typhon. The idea with this car is to enter races at my local tracks as well as have a 6s capable basher. The difference with this build compared to my 3s is I'd like to focus a bit more on performance. Not entirely though, this car is still just for fun at the end of the day. A couple days ago I actually acquired a Team Associated RC8.2e from a local listing. And I intend on using that car as a no-frills racer.

Current mods:
  • F1 Style Tail Light + Adapter

List of breaks so far:
  • None Yet
-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the car! I actually have had this for about a week and I'm honestly hesitant to take it out. I at least want to finish the race body paintjob and take some pictures before I slide this thing through some dirt. I am SO EXCITED to try this thing on 4S and 6S power, both of which I've never done before.

Current Picture of Car:

View attachment 303754
I’m glad to be the villain that caused this beautiful rig to come into your life. I hope you enjoy the heck out of this thing! And 4s will be fine, just saying.

I’m glad to be the villain that caused this beautiful rig to come into your life. I hope you enjoy the heck out of this thing! And 4s will be fine, just saying.

Hahaha, we'll see what else you have in store for me in the future. And thank goodness because the 6S battery price tag is a little steep.

--------------------------------------------------------

Let's start with the first install. After installing the light kit on my 3S Typhon I realized the red/black exposed wire was a bit noticeable. It's not so bad on the 3S because the color scheme is black and red anyways, but the TLR has more of a stealthy and sleek appearance. So let's fix that.

IMG_3396.jpg

Here is a wiring loom kit that I use for a lot of my 1:1 automotive projects. I found some that fit and hit it with a heat gun. It looks MUCH better already.

IMG_3397.jpg

Much less obvious than with the red/black wire. This almost looks like it belongs on the car from factory.

IMG_3398.jpg

Now let's fix the other side inside the chassis.

IMG_3401.jpg

About halfway done.

IMG_3402.jpg

Looking good. I really love the stealth black look of the original electronics in the TLR. It would've been a shame to disrupt the look with some red wires hanging everywhere.

IMG_3403.jpg

Look at that. I routed the cable behind the motor for maximum concealment, and it is protected from heat with the wire loom. The wire sneakily wraps behind the ESC and the extension plug for headlights sticks right out ready for an upgrade in the future. The cable for the radio box has been routed underneath the chassis bracing and driveshaft.

IMG_3407.jpg

And just like that! Our first "upgrade" I don't even know if this is track legal, but oh well. It's not like I'm going to nationals or anything.

IMG_3409.jpg

Hahaha, we'll see what else you have in store for me in the future. And thank goodness because the 6S battery price tag is a little steep.

--------------------------------------------------------

Let's start with the first install. After installing the light kit on my 3S Typhon I realized the red/black exposed wire was a bit noticeable. It's not so bad on the 3S because the color scheme is black and red anyways, but the TLR has more of a stealthy and sleek appearance. So let's fix that.

View attachment 303758

Here is a wiring loom kit that I use for a lot of my 1:1 automotive projects. I found some that fit and hit it with a heat gun. It looks MUCH better already.

View attachment 303759

Much less obvious than with the red/black wire. This almost looks like it belongs on the car from factory.

View attachment 303760

Now let's fix the other side inside the chassis.

View attachment 303761

About halfway done.

View attachment 303762

Looking good. I really love the stealth black look of the original electronics in the TLR. It would've been a shame to disrupt the look with some red wires hanging everywhere.

View attachment 303763

Look at that. I routed the cable behind the motor for maximum concealment, and it is protected from heat with the wire loom. The wire sneakily wraps behind the ESC and the extension plug for headlights sticks right out ready for an upgrade in the future. The cable for the radio box has been routed underneath the chassis bracing and driveshaft.

View attachment 303764

And just like that! Our first "upgrade" I don't even know if this is track legal, but oh well. It's not like I'm going to nationals or anything.

View attachment 303766
Very tidy, nice job! And it’s funny, I was looking at that same tail light on Amazon today. Looks great on the car. Also, this stuff is the schizzle:
https://www.amazon.com/Braided-Slee...efix=pet+braided+wire+protector,aps,89&sr=8-3

Nice light. I use that one on a lot of my rigs. Good pick!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back