Typhon Stretched Typhon Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
I have a typhon 6s stretched on a kraton chassis running xlx2 2400kv castle creations motor and esc. It was my speed build and hit 121mph. I am currently working on swapping electronics and installing Kraton arms and hubs to really widen and truggify it as well as a center brace. Will be essentially a Kraton with a typhon body when I’m done, Has anyone else done this?

IMG_6234.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

At this point it is pretty hard to be the first one doing anything I think lol but regardless this will be/is a sweet build. I am assuming you are going to kraton shocks as well or what? Also with the center brace the body wont fit like normal, you will have to mount it further forward in the limitless mount spot and that also needs a new hole further up in the body which ends up being a fragile spot because there isnt much support around the hole on the body

At this point it is pretty hard to be the first one doing anything I think lol but regardless this will be/is a sweet build. I am assuming you are going to kraton shocks as well or what? Also with the center brace the body wont fit like normal, you will have to mount it further forward in the limitless mount spot and that also needs a new hole further up in the body which ends up being a fragile spot because there isnt much support around the hole on the body
I figured I wasn’t the first at all lol, just can’t find anything about it. But I figured it’s because it is just essentially a Kraton. Yeah I saw on a couple posts that it makes the body a weak point. Worst case scenario I swap shock towers and go for whole Kraton build. But shocks I was just gonna use the original typhon shock unless they won’t be long enough? Still fairly “new” just throwing things together

I do indeed like the looks of the Typhon. What screws up the looks for me is having a truck shock tower at the front..too tall, doesn't look right to me. Plus it's right out there in harms way when you inevitably land upside down..well, I do anyways,LOL. Perhaps a Talion front end would be better suited for the Typhon body? Tower is shorter.🤔

Been there, done that. :LOL: 😁 👍 ✌️
Yours looks great!
20231019_093908.jpg
20221008_190847.jpg

I do indeed like the looks of the Typhon. What screws up the looks for me is having a truck shock tower at the front..too tall, doesn't look right to me. Plus it's right out there in harms way when you inevitably land upside down..well, I do anyways,LOL. Perhaps a Talion front end would be better suited for the Typhon body? Tower is shorter.🤔
I appreciate the tip! I’ll definitely look into the talion towers. I just wanna make it “useable” off-road since it’ll most likely be getting launched 😂🤘
Been there, done that. :LOL: 😁 👍 ✌️
Yours looks great!
View attachment 330610View attachment 330611
Thank you, yours looks wicked too!

I have a typhon 6s stretched on a kraton chassis running xlx2 2400kv castle creations motor and esc. It was my speed build and hit 121mph. I am currently working on swapping electronics and installing Kraton arms and hubs to really widen and truggify it as well as a center brace. Will be essentially a Kraton with a typhon body when I’m done, Has anyone else done this?

View attachment 330587

View attachment 330588
What kind of tires 🛞 are those?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back