Typhon3s and big rock cc both in parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50TyphonDan50

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok guys I'll keep this as short as I can. I bought a typhon 3s upon first drive I sat it down and took off and it turns out someone forgot to put that little screw where the pin goes. Within 30 feet a tire went 1 one way and the cars suspension arm dug into the ground tearing up all kinds of stuff. due to the lack of parts and wait times I did the whole Senton arms with extensions thing that worked for 2 regular rides in my yard. 0 bashing. Then when I was pulling up to myself to grab the car it went dead. Turns out somehow the servo and receiver are toast and it was totally dry outside. So I waited almost 2 weeks for new ones then installed them. After literally less than 5 minutes of just cruising around my back yard and popping wheelies the rear end is making a loud metal popping noise. Its definitely not the normal arrma sound that we are all so used to. It's the rear diff gears that have rounded off. This happened today. So I went and bought a big rock because I didn't want to wait that long with nothing to play with. Got 2 good passes up and down my side yard out of it ( no jumping or bashing) just getting the feel for it. Now the right rear axle shaft has broken. The pin sheared right through it. Currently I'm trying to make a Frankenstein out of the 2 but it's not going so well.i thought these things were tough as nails. I'm at a loss for words. We all know how much all this equipment costs with chargers and lipo batteries tires the trucks and buggies and everything else. How can I get at least 1 good vehicle out of these 2 piles of parts ? The axle shafts aren't the same I see. Are the rear diffs the same ? I could really use some help here. I have 12 sets of tires for my typhon and just bought some duratrax lockup my c2 2.8 mounted in 14 mm that I haven't even opened and wanted to try on the brcc. If I put the brcc arms on my typhon maybe I'll get a wider stance and make something happen? The brcc arms do look a little longer. Anyways. PLEASE HELP !!!! Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated ! TYVMIA

Attachments

• 20190316_190702.jpg
    20190316_190702.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190316_191544.jpg
    20190316_191544.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190316_191848.jpg
    20190316_191848.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190316_192316.jpg
    20190316_192316.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190316_192521.jpg
    20190316_192521.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 43
Ok guys I'll keep this as short as I can. I bought a typhon 3s upon first drive I sat it down and took off and it turns out someone forgot to put that little screw where the pin goes. Within 30 feet a tire went 1 one way and the cars suspension arm dug into the ground tearing up all kinds of stuff. due to the lack of parts and wait times I did the whole Senton arms with extensions thing that worked for 2 regular rides in my yard. 0 bashing. Then when I was pulling up to myself to grab the car it went dead. Turns out somehow the servo and receiver are toast and it was totally dry outside. So I waited almost 2 weeks for new ones then installed them. After literally less than 5 minutes of just cruising around my back yard and popping wheelies the rear end is making a loud metal popping noise. Its definitely not the normal arrma sound that we are all so used to. It's the rear diff gears that have rounded off. This happened today. So I went and bought a big rock because I didn't want to wait that long with nothing to play with. Got 2 good passes up and down my side yard out of it ( no jumping or bashing) just getting the feel for it. Now the right rear axle shaft has broken. The pin sheared right through it. Currently I'm trying to make a Frankenstein out of the 2 but it's not going so well.i thought these things were tough as nails. I'm at a loss for words. We all know how much all this equipment costs with chargers and lipo batteries tires the trucks and buggies and everything else. How can I get at least 1 good vehicle out of these 2 piles of parts ? The axle shafts aren't the same I see. Are the rear diffs the same ? I could really use some help here. I have 12 sets of tires for my typhon and just bought some duratrax lockup my c2 2.8 mounted in 14 mm that I haven't even opened and wanted to try on the brcc. If I put the brcc arms on my typhon maybe I'll get a wider stance and make something happen? The brcc arms do look a little longer. Anyways. PLEASE HELP !!!! Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated ! TYVMIA
This is my poor typhon 3s now

Attachments

• 15527914361739125284533449272107.jpg
    15527914361739125284533449272107.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 41
Also, did you ever opened the diff “holder” on that rear diff? did you set the mesh correctly? there’s a shim there, did you place it correctly?

Sorry for asking questions like that, but from one side you’re implying that you just got the car and drove it stock, but also you write that you change alot of stuff, so i’m trying to understand if it’s due to your changes or not.

And to your other question, since your Typhon was changed to Senton arms, then the BRCC and the Sentons arms are the same, it’s only the Typhons arms which are longer. So you should have no problem interchange between them.

Another point, you said you changed the Typhon arms to Senton (which as shorter). did you change the links as well? they are different as they are shorter.

The rear diff gear rounded on stock wheels? you said you were popping wheelies on a Typhon, that’s not an easy thing to do, could be that you tighten the clutch ? did you change the punch setting?
Stock typhon. Changed the punch setting. But before I did that it popped wheelies. It is a 3 s. I am looking for a way to make 1 of them work.

Also, did you ever opened the diff “holder” on that rear diff? did you set the mesh correctly? there’s a shim there, did you place it correctly?

Sorry for asking questions like that, but from one side you’re implying that you just got the car and drove it stock, but also you write that you change alot of stuff, so i’m trying to understand if it’s due to your changes or not.
Stock driving ir popped wheelies. Then I changed arms and put duratrax lockups on it bc I had a stock blow out. Then came the other probs.

Never opened diff holder. No worries. Ask away.

And to your other question, since your Typhon was changed to Senton arms, then the BRCC and the Sentons arms are the same, it’s only the Typhons arms which are longer. So you should have no problem interchange between them.

Another point, you said you changed the Typhon arms to Senton (which as shorter). did you change the links as well? they are different as they are shorter.
Yes I did change the links

Thank you
No problemo brother...we (the forum) will get you sorted out for sure.

I will say this, the drivetrain parts are interchangeable, in that they will fit in the diff cases but you need to swap both the front and back...not just the one as the pitch is different between the Brcc and Typhon but it should still work. I thought the arms were longer on the Typhon? Either or, whichever arms you use, you will need to swap the axles with the arms since they are different lengths.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back