Upgrade electronics question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
I have a heavily upgraded outcast, it's heavy. Should I go with the spectrum 150amp 2050kv combo, or the ezrun max 8 with 2200kv for hard bashing. Or something else you might recommend

The ESCs are the same, and I believe the motors are the same with a different KV rating. Same power output with a bias towards torque or rpm, based on the motor. Check out the Castle MMX 1515 combos

True, good for bashing, not good for extreme performance as HW limits the power their ESCs output, effectively gimping what they could do on the very top end
I agree. Though Hobby Wing is still a great quality option and will save a buyer a hundred or two hundred dollars for those RC fans that don't want to spend $400-$500 on a Castle Creations combo. CC is definitely the way to go if it can be afforded.

I agree. Though Hobby Wing is still a great quality option. Expecially for those that don't want to spend $400-$500 on a Castle Creations combo.
Castle 6S combos are sub $300 (y)

Nothing wrong with Hobbywing for bashing, and there is a reason Arrma uses all Hobbywing ESCs and Motors.

Castle 6S combos are sub $300 (y)

Nothing wrong with Hobbywing for bashing, and there is a reason Arrma uses all Hobbywing ESCs and Motors.
Sure but not when comparing performance across brands. I mean poop, you can get a HW combo for under $200. Good luck hitting that same price point with a comparable product from CC (y);)

Sure but not when comparing performance across brands. I mean poop, you can get a HW combo for under $200. Good luck hitting that same price point with a comparable product from CC (y);)
Thats because realistically they are uncomparable. One fills a mass market, inexpensive niche, while the other is enthousiast grade, much higher performance in the same form factor for a higer price. There is no discussion as to which is better across the board because they fill different roles.

I have a heavily upgraded outcast, it's heavy. Should I go with the spectrum 150amp 2050kv combo, or the ezrun max 8 with 2200kv for hard bashing. Or something else you might recommend
Outcast 4S, 6S, or 8S? Big difference in recommendations.

4S - Arrma/Spectrum 6S combo
6S - Arrma/Spectrum 8S combo
8S - Hobbywing MAX5/1100 combo

If you have a decent budget....
4S - MAX8/2200 combo
6S - MMX8S/1717-1650 combo
8S - MMX8S/2028-1100 combo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back