Used/Refurbished game console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heliguy

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a used or refurbished game console.

I’ve not been a gamer in the past. My daughter had a PlayStation 4 many years ago. We played with it a few times but didn’t get into it much.

I have flown RC helis and planes since the late 90’s so video games with a reset button didn’t have much appeal. I don’t want to buy a new console in case it ends up as a dust collector.

Would be interested to hear some constructive suggestions on a used or refurbished gaming console. Thanks.

PS4 with a FFB steering wheel is a real kick in the pants.

Screenshot_20221013-080757.png

Thrustmaster T150. Nowhere near top of the line but works really well. Don't go for the cheaper T80 as it's only resistance in the wheel vs actual motors. As you can see we're using a damn kitchen chair, stand my son made from scrap wood and a hand me down 55".

Highly recommend the Dirt series of games (arcade style) as well as Project Cars (realism).

I'll have to shoot a video for you this afternoon, it's so much fun.

I have the Logitech G29 (wheel and pedals) and the shifter, works for both the PS3, PS4 (never checked on the PS5), and the PC. Loads of fun, and the driving feedback is wicked! I usually run Gran Turismo 4 or 5 (whatever version it was) on the PS3 and lots of games on the PC. It's a real hoot.

PC gaming with the wheel is fun to do for trucking simulators (Euro Truck, American truck, Mudrunner) and plenty of racing or sim games. PS4 there are still loads of racing/driving games. I wouldn't bother with a PS3 personally, wheel or not. But that's just me. And i have no experience with xbox's to recommend anything :cool:

I would consider refurbished consoles, like from gamestop, or even amazon. They would be more likely to be fix issues if you had one (or maybe accept returns/replacements), whereas if you bought from a random Joe, once it breaks, it breaks. Though if you can get it for a good deal off craigslist or a trusted person, that might be worth the gamble.

PS4 is on it's way out now that the PS5 has out for a while, so you could probably catch some decent deals especially around black friday (if US).

Ok. I had no idea. Wasn’t sure. Had no way of knowing what it was about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back