Talion V3 Talion ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrisy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Could some of you guys post pics of the front of your Talion so I can get an idea of the stock ride height? Mine has Kraton hubs, axles, and hexes so I'm wondering if that's causing it to slouch more with the stock springs. I put in some really stiff red springs and it helped but I'm still curious. Thanks!

it's not because of the tires & hubs, it's because of the ride height.

You should set it so the arms will be completely flat, so they will be parallel to the ground.
You can use the stock springs, they stock setup is fine in that regard.

I've been trying to get this right with the stock springs but there's always sag and minimal rebound. Am I missing something, is there something else I should be adjusting along with the springs when setting ride height?

When the car is not moving. But also I kept bottoming out and popping out dog ones so I guess it's an issue while moving too. Hinge pins are not bent either

So with the stock springs you cannot set it up like this?
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.29.27 PM.png

Did you add alot of weight with upgrades? huge batteries maybe?

When the car is not moving. But also I kept bottoming out and popping out dog ones so I guess it's an issue while moving too. Hinge pins are not bent either
Can you post a picture of the front without the body. You should be able to adjust some ride height by turn down the spring collars.

Can you post a picture of the front without the body. You should be able to adjust some ride height by turn down the spring collars.
Sorry, it's a buggy, body can stay on.

Here's mine, completely stock with body on and off. Also dog bones should not be popping out on you. The kraton has over an inch+ larger front/rear width from the talion according to the spec pages. That might be the issue using kraton parts.
IMG_20190107_123843.jpg2.JPG

Talion Specs:
3.JPG

Kraton Specs:
4.JPG

Last edited:
Also if it's sagging that much, did you ever change your shock oil by chance? Sounds like they might not be filled properly or you have some air in there.

According to the exploded diagrams in manual the only difference of the Kraton parts you listed vs Talion will be the CVD outdrives and the hexes. The rest of the suspension and drive parts are same. You should not be popping out dog bones since they should be interchangeable. You have another issue that’s not just parts related. Check to make sure the pivot balls are completely screwed.

The ride height is only controlled by the spring preload... shock oil only provides damping so that won’t matter. If you run the adjusters down to bottom of threads preloading the springs and the arms still aren’t level you have an issue.

Is the car all stock parts or is it a Frankenstein of parts? You sure they’re Talion shocks and springs? Why the Kraton parts? Are they Talion shock towers?

Here are a couple of pics of my Talion.

Attachments

• 48CFAA20-0CC1-46A9-9C11-2D5418596D83.jpeg
    48CFAA20-0CC1-46A9-9C11-2D5418596D83.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 2CC920FA-0CD3-4730-B446-722CE7224566.jpeg
    2CC920FA-0CD3-4730-B446-722CE7224566.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 8E8A5EBF-01FF-426A-A491-4A1F97E56C05.jpeg
    8E8A5EBF-01FF-426A-A491-4A1F97E56C05.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 62
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back