Granite Voltage Transmitter / Radio Replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Voltage
One of my Arrma Voltage trucks has a remote control radio transmitter that has failed. It has good voltage (no pun), good batteries, but doesn't work and it's confirmed by the red led not coming on.

What are my options? Can anyone point me to where I can purchase a replacement then just bind it to the existing truck?

Or is there an improved radio system I can invest in? When looking at replacement radio's I understand I need to get a new ESC too. What I'm finding is new ESC's come with three pin plugs for the servo, where the Voltage has a six pin setup going to the servo. That concern's me that if I get a new ESC then I'll also have to replace the servo just to get everything to work. Can anyone help me by recommending a solution?

Thanks, I appreciate it. Take care.

Just buy the same remote again. A different brand remote/radio will need a different Reciever and ESC and servo.. You are stuck changing all electrics except the motor, or just buy the same radio that is currently Bricked. You did not mention what exact model radio ESC and servo you have. But I can see that they are all budget stuff. I have an old Redcat, with the same issue. All proprietary, servo Rx/Tx and ESC. Horrible. Its a shelf queen anyway. I can't get gear parts to fix it. But same situation as you. To change one part you need to change all. I would not waste money fixing a cheap RC. Again, just replace the radio, or spend $$$ and change out all except the motor. Your electrics are not mainstream RC stuff. Its all Toy grade. Been there. Standard servos have 3 wires only. Yours doesn't.

Thanks SrC for taking the time to respond and give me your input - greatly appreciated.

"Just buy the same remote" - Any idea where? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Which version of the Voltage do you have? What transmitter? Can you post a picture of the transmitter?

For a motor / ESC / Servo - here is a cheap combo. I have this motor/ESC, worked good, but the ESC is NOT waterproof.
https://m.rcmoment.com/p-rm7748.html

Add a radio, and you are ready to go for about $60 total-
https://m.rcmoment.com/p-rm179.html

Last edited:
Jerry-rigged, thanks for the response and the links - greatly appreciated and I'll check that out. Could be a good option.

Here is my transmitter radio below.

IMG_20200427_081615602.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_081624103.jpg
    IMG_20200427_081624103.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200427_081641755.jpg
    IMG_20200427_081641755.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 65
Tower hobbies lists June restock, but With the Covid slowdown, who knows when they will get in...
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=ARAK1010

HH is backordered too...
https://www.horizonhobby.com/atx-101-transmitter-arak1010

Looks like if you want to get it running quick, you may need to just upgrade everything.

On the subject of upgrading - that motor I linked is a "F540" - this brushless motor only makes a bit more power than a brushed 550-sized 12t motor. This is good for a truck like the Voltage granite, as a full size 3650 motor will probably make too much power and break the gears easily. That combo is available in a 3000kv and a 3300kv. For your 2wd truck, the higher KV should work fine. I have that motor in 3000kv, and have run it in 2wd SCT, 1/10 2wd buggies, and my Granite 4x4. Better speed and power than brushed, but like I said, not huge torque, which will save your driveline.

Jerry-rigged, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to serve someone you don't even know. I really appreciate you finding where I can order a replacement and explaining the other motor options. I truly wish you a great day, thank you very very much. Cheers.

I have an extra you can have, I had 2 voltages but 1 turned into a parts truck just send me some money for shipping and its yours
If your in the US that is otherwise might be too much $ and time to get to ya

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back