Vorteks Vortek 3s blx NEED HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwill1316

Fairly New Member
Reaction score

Hello all im new to this group but was hoping to receive some help. I have exhausted all option trying to figure out what could be wrong.
This Vortek is brand new out of the box. Car drove fine for about 10 min and now I have complete binding and steering issues. I have tried to bind this without AVC as well as with and I have the same result.
As soon as I bind the front tires turn hard LEFT or RIGHT. As well as while trying to calibrate after binding it will not calibrate properly. Any help would be accepted. I have reset both remote as well as the receiver.
All batteries are new and fully charged. All trims set at recommended positions. AVC 100% Brake trim 100% ST Trim at center or neutral and TH trim at center or Nuetral. Also after trying to bind with AVC I I follow maual procedures full throttle, full reverse after full reverse light goes out on receiver but won't brighten while calibrating full left full right. Also the car will not hold center on the front tires.
Not sure if this is a servo issue or receiver issue. Also a possible remote issue.

First off, AVC is not best at 100%, whatsoever. At all. 10% at most is all you want with AVC. If anything you start at 0% AVC "Gain" and work your way up. But any more than 10% usually does nothing more except cause other issues. 20% can work give or take. But always start at 0%, not at 100%. Not that this is the causal relationship to your issue. But in normal practice, being very conservative with AVC "Gain".
We need a video, to best help here.
I'm leaning to a servo issue, if not a setting issue here. Just need more info.

>>>FWIW, with any AVC or Steering Gyro equipped Model, the model must be "still and on level ground", before powering on the ESC. Radio always turned on first.
If you don't do this, AVC/ Gyro will not initialize and "Calibrate" properly/accurately..

Last edited:
First off, AVC is not best at 100%, whatsoever. At all. 10% at most is all you want with AVC. If anything you start at 0% AVC "Gain" and work your way up. But any more than 10% usually does nothing more except cause other issues.
I have posted at least 4 videos the last video I did shows me trying to bind it and I showed the settings on the transmitter. I set the trans matter as you stated

Sorry... Didn't look close enough.:giggle:
I edited my post above. Did you see that??

First off, AVC is not best at 100%, whatsoever. At all. 10% at most is all you want with AVC. If anything you start at 0% AVC "Gain" and work your way up. But any more than 10% usually does nothing more except cause other issues.
I have posted at least 4 videos the last video I did shows me trying to bind it and I showed the settings on the transmitter.
Sorry... Didn't look close enough.:giggle:
I edited my post above. Did you see that??
Gotcha thank you 😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back