Vorteks 3 s battery for a vortek blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absosecur

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I hope this is a mistake in choice for a battery and not truck related. I bought a ovonic 5500 mah 50 c3s 1p battery that says high discharge. With a full charge we are only getting ten to 15 minutes run time. I would like some advice on the best choices of battery for this truck as far as run time. My 10 yr old grandson is learning the ropes also so we arent trying to break speed records just get more run time between charges. Thanks.

The vorteks is geared pretty high from the factory. If you change the pinion to a smaller size you will lose some top speed but it should increase your run time.

Last edited:
I would just get another battery. Check the size of the battery tray and then look for a 3s pack with a high mah. I would guess you could find something in the 8000 range. If you can lower the LVC on the esc that would also help.

I hope this is a mistake in choice for a battery and not truck related. I bought a ovonic 5500 mah 50 c3s 1p battery that says high discharge. With a full charge we are only getting ten to 15 minutes run time. I would like some advice on the best choices of battery for this truck as far as run time. My 10 yr old grandson is learning the ropes also so we arent trying to break speed records just get more run time between charges. Thanks.
As stated above, the higher the MaH number the longer the runtime. Just watch the temps. And when you get a bigger battery always look at the dimensions to make sure it’ll fit in the trucks battery tray. When I was a noob I bought an 8000MaH 6s battery for my Mojave and was shocked at its size when I got it. Needless to say, it didn’t fit…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back