Senton Waiting on Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calicoss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Ok, so the new Senton 4x4 S3 BLX I order last week should be coming in tomorrow. I have pretty much everything to get me started including a small tool set (nothing fancy). Any tips or expectations on the first few weeks to months of ownership. I'm coming back into the hobby after a long hiatus and just want to know what to expect in terms of maintaining this RC and the batteries. What usually goes first in terms of parts? Best maintenance tips. I appreciate any feedback. Looking forward to running the Senton ASAP. Thanks.

Servo, bearings, driveshafts, and slipper clutches are the main items that will need addressed. Order a new servo and a set of rubber sealed bearings now so you have them on hand. If your Senton comes with the Spektrum radio, swap that out ASAP too. You can get a Tactic pretty cheap.

Look at a bumper from RPM or T-Bone. Everything Jon said is spot on. Only other thing I would do is reinforce the body. Depending on your style it could get a little beat up. None of this is a must do item, but purely my suggestions.

Best maintenance tips. Thanks.

Hi,
We clean power module and add a very little drop of lube (motor) after each track w.-e sessions. We do full brushless motor maintenance at the end of the season.
If you expect to go hard, add a patented brace;
What members said is good too.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ok, so the new Senton 4x4 S3 BLX I order last week should be coming in tomorrow. I have pretty much everything to get me started including a small tool set (nothing fancy). Any tips or expectations on the first few weeks to months of ownership. I'm coming back into the hobby after a long hiatus and just want to know what to expect in terms of maintaining this RC and the batteries. What usually goes first in terms of parts? Best maintenance tips. I appreciate any feedback. Looking forward to running the Senton ASAP. Thanks.
Get a new bumper as soon as cos the stock bumpers snap easily. If you wanna jump with it i would swap the A Arms to RPM arms. Also look at swapping the shocks

From my experience using the senton 3s, you will need to replace about everything in time lol. the dboots tires are very easily torn apart if you're in rough terrain, so a good set of proline tires will probably also need to be in your list of things to get. Personally I use the bfg kr2's, and swap the 14mm hex for the new duratrax 12mm hex for arrma. I know its not a very good tire for getting grip in most offroad surfaces, but I prefer it for the aesthetics of the tire

I bought 2 sentons 3S before the season started. One for my brother and one for me. We've been through about 20 packs so far. We started running them stock out of the box and this is what we've broken so far: 1 esc (covered by warranty). 1 a-arm on each car (front - both after head on collision with concrete wall at 80km/h), 1 front bumper, 1 rear bumper, 2 sets of wheels (after we started racing each other on asphalt). We run them pretty hard, and we've been really happy with the durability and performance of the cars. I've been through alot of HPI, Traxxas, Tekno, and mugen cars over the last few years. I would say that Senton is the only one that has held up as good as Tekno. Tekno come at a much higher price point. So taking that into consideration the rest of the cars I've driven the senton has the best value of all of the above.

What I would recommend to order is a set of bearings. You can get a full set of fast eddy bearing for less that $20. We've run the stock bearings until now. But when I pulled the car apart last week all the wheel bearings where dead. I'd also recommend getting a set of front a-arms. Other than that the car is awesome. Have fun, and replace when you find which parts brakes based on your driving style. Who knows, maybe you're not as retarded as me and you car will hold up fine.

I've purchased the hpi trophy buggy shocks. Full kit at jrc Inc shipping to Norway for $32. I haven't mounted them yet. But length wise they are almost identical to stock (97/112 vs 100/110). If they can be mounted properly I think they'll be awesome considering the price point.

Servo, bearings, driveshafts, and slipper clutches are the main items that will need addressed. Order a new servo and a set of rubber sealed bearings now so you have them on hand. If your Senton comes with the Spektrum radio, swap that out ASAP too. You can get a Tactic pretty cheap.

Definitely agree with the stock Spektrum radio is garbage. My radio had crazy delays. My advice get a good charger and plenty of lipos. Enjoy!
So far my only damage has been a lower shock shaft and a spur gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back