Infraction Want to cut front facia...thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of cutting out that sections of the front facia where the tow hook is in. Will install some wire mesh to allow some fresh air into the body. I installed the side plates and wheel well / air dam plates. Not sure how much air will be getting in now. I also cut out the two hood scoops and meshed the cut outs. What are your thoughts on this. I'm not really doing much speed runs. With my upgrades the truck is pretty planted.

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of cutting out that sections of the front facia where the tow hook is in. Will install some wire mesh to allow some fresh air into the body. I installed the side plates and wheel well / air dam plates. Not sure how much air will be getting in now. I also cut out the two hood scoops and meshed the cut outs. What are your thoughts on this. I'm not really doing much speed runs. With my upgrades the truck is pretty planted.

See my post of this topic...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...he-rear-window-help-any-to-reduce-heat.34316/

I would not cut the grill in the front...it has been said the speed of these rigs the air could lift it up...when I asked about the back window, I was thinking along those lines as well.

In the end, I do not feel any of those will give you the air you want to keep it for thermal cutoff. Good powerful fans like what Game Changer sells for the motor and ESC which are powered from a 3S source for strong air.

See my post of this topic...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...he-rear-window-help-any-to-reduce-heat.34316/

I would not cut the grill in the front...it has been said the speed of these rigs the air could lift it up...when I asked about the back window, I was thinking along those lines as well.

In the end, I do not feel any of those will give you the air you want to keep it for thermal cutoff. Good powerful fans like what Game Changer sells for the motor and ESC which are powered from a 3S source for strong air.
Thanks for your response. This is my reason for posting my question rather than just go ahead and start cutting. This is a good opinion.
Cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back