Fireteam Thoughts on this Fireteam Wheelie Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I got this from RC Speed Racers, I think when the FT first came out... I really like a low-profile wheelie bar, and the TBR TBone wheelie bar is not available anymore. I put this one, but I do have a backup plan.

Here is my concern if it is, and want your thoughts.
This aluminum wheelie bar they made for the FT does not have any flex. Is this a concern, or should it be fine? All my other 6S rigs have a TBone wheelie bar except for this one.

1708658979750.png

1708659018912.png

1708659062778.png

If it leaves the shelf and lands directly on the bar from a good height or a fast tumble the threads will likely pull out from the bulkhead if composite.

However, if the bar is mounted directly to the chassis and clamped with a nut in 2 spots it’ll bend the bar instead.

Last edited:
I got this from RC Speed Racers, I think when the FT first came out... I really like a low-profile wheelie bar, and the TBR TBone wheelie bar is not available anymore. I put this one, but I do have a backup plan.

Here is my concern if it is, and want your thoughts.
This aluminum wheelie bar they made for the FT does not have any flex. Is this a concern, or should it be fine? All my other 6S rigs have a TBone wheelie bar except for this one.

View attachment 350338
View attachment 350339
View attachment 350340

I'd imagine if you're mainly on the ground.. NO jumps then this wheelie bar should be fine.
If Jumping of any kind (especially on concrete surfaces)... It's going to get bent or totally wrecked the rearend of your chassis..

I'm going to have to come up with a solution to mount a Outcast wheelie bar (or similar) onto the Fireteam because I want to do the same thing..
Some how...

Last edited:
I'd imagine if you're mainly on the ground.. NO jumps then this wheelie bar should be fine.
If Jumping of any kind (especially on concrete surfaces)... It's going to get bent or totally wrecked the rearend of your chassis..

I'm going to have to come up with a solution to mount a Outcast wheelie bar (or similar) onto the Fireteam because I want to do the same thing..
Some how...
Good feedback and thx...

I do mild jumps, hills, and such....only bash in the dirt, not hard concrete surfaces. But I can get into some bad crashes, tumbles, and cartwheels this is where I worry most. Thx Boss!

(y)

Thx fellas

I am trying to modify wheelie bar made by a different vendor that was shared on another posted thread here. Instead of using skate wheels, I am using a custom bar along with 6S wheels which is exactly the same setup on my TBone bars for all my other rigs. I like the bigger wheels over TBone stock wheels

1708746419491.png

1708746431742.png
1708746448181.png

Thx fellas

I am trying to modify wheelie bar made by a different vendor that was shared on another posted thread here. Instead of using skate wheels, I am using a custom bar along with 6S wheels which is exactly the same setup on my TBone bars for all my other rigs. I like the bigger wheels over TBone stock wheels

View attachment 350514
View attachment 350515View attachment 350516

That horizontal wheel mount looks 3D printed..

However it's printed in an orientation that's not very strong for the way it's suppose to secure the wheels...
It's likely to snap after a good tumble womble.

Just my observation.

That horizontal wheel mount looks 3D printed..

However it's printed in an orientation that's not very strong for the way it's suppose to secure the wheels...
It's likely to snap after a good tumble womble.

Just my observation.
Thx for that notice (y)

Hi parcou, I built the wheelie bar from the other post with the WTO MAXX Aluminum bar and the Oktay bumper for one of my Notorious that I was doing a conversion on...... it appears to be bombproof but a bit heavy. I will share pics when I can.

Your handmade wheels bar would be stronger if it could be mounted a little further in on the bumper and on the top side of the bumper instead of the bottom so it wouldn't tear off. It looks like a decent solution and much lighter than my aluminum.

Didn't realize the FT6 needed a wheelie bar.

All my wheelie bars broke from landing on the rear and destroyed my bulkhead and wing mount with it.

@Tex Koder @Saladshooter

On all my other TBone bars, I removed the stock part that held the wheels. They did not last for me. So I have this custom nylon bar that has been working Dec 2021. The first was a polycarbonate that was broken on a cold day. Nylon has been a champ for months, both cold and hot.

The way I have the nylon bar is the same way it was mounted for the original TBone wheelie bar...under the bar, so the 3D printed one is a duplication. I sent the original bar to the printer for examination. As you see in the pics below, Kraton and Talion EXBs have had no breaks with the wheels on this bar in this setup.

It's very light and strong, and I have a lot of those 3D bars printed if I ever need to sway, but to date, from 2021 years back, it is still sitting on spares. I just have to order that damn $22 Arrma wheelie bar just to get the wheels and screw that comes with it to add to this on :mad: I have not found a way to order separately.

This EVS Hobbies or Oklay has a similar shape to the TBone so I placed the bar in the same manor all were up high. All feedback is welcomed so time will tell :)

I have them in PCtpe, nylon, PC, ABS....so I have enough printed to last if I ever need to get to them.

Kraton with 3D bar
1708799433921.png

1708799450876.png

Talion with the 3D bar
1708799540363.png

Here is the "original" TBone wheelie bar where the wheel broke, and this journey for a better replacement began many months back. Tbone, out of business, cannot find those wheels for their bar. It did not matter the wheels were too narrow and cheap needed to be wider, which was better on the dirt
1708799650249.png

Last edited:
Back