Big Rock Wanting to upgrade my big rock 4x4 and want the best knowledge and parts to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNT4BDB

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I am looking for all possible upgrades that I can purchase and the link for them, I’m hoping it can all be found on Amazon but please give me your knowledge on the big rock v3 4x4 and help me put the right parts in to make it last longer. I know things will break but I’m not sure if plastic or aluminum is better so any advise is greatly appreciated

Welcome. Not sure how long you been in the hobby but upgrading is over rated. Your big rock is fine in it's stock form. I suggest running it, hone your driving skills and see what happens. Jmo. Many will disagree.

I’m with @Johnny b . There are certain parts that can be a weak link in any platform, but you can address that if necessary down the road. Front hubs are about the only suspension part that I typically replace with aluminum on a basher.
Welcome aboard, man.

Is there something specific you're looking for? Like make it: survive higher jumps? Faster? More stable? Corner better?

Each of those has different upgrade paths, sometimes with conflicting upgrades. Just throwing general upgrades at it is just spending money, imo. Let us know what bothers you about the truck and we'll see what we can do to find some solutions.

Welcome to the Arrma forums.

It best to wait until something breaks before upgrading it. So.e upgrades are a waste and overrated.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm with those guys up there. No need to really upgrade unless you start breaking something particular on a regular basis.

The only exception I can think of is the fans if you are having any heat issues in your location. SurpassHobby Rocket fan- 30x30 for the motor and 25x25 for the esc.

I’m with @Johnny b . There are certain parts that can be a weak link in any platform, but you can address that if necessary down the road. Front hubs are about the only suspension part that I typically replace with aluminum on a basher.
Welcome aboard, man.
Thank you I look forward to it
Welcome to the forum!

I'm with those guys up there. No need to really upgrade unless you start breaking something particular on a regular basis.

The only exception I can think of is the fans if you are having any heat issues in your location. SurpassHobby Rocket fan- 30x30 for the motor and 25x25 for the esc.
Thanks for the advise but I’m upgrading the motor at least already to a xr8 pro
Welcome to the forum!

Is there something specific you're looking for? Like make it: survive higher jumps? Faster? More stable? Corner better?

Each of those has different upgrade paths, sometimes with conflicting upgrades. Just throwing general upgrades at it is just spending money, imo. Let us know what bothers you about the truck and we'll see what we can do to find some solutions.
Sounds fantastic I will wait for any upgrades and get opinions here

Has anyone watched the road rock fastest big rock video? I am trying to figure out what the front bumper mount scoop is

I want the front scoop if anyone k lex what it is and where I can buy it

IMG_7816.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back