Talion Weight of your Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKWoods

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Talion
So I have been doing a few things to try and get weight off of my Talion EXB and wanted to see what everyone has done to drop weight on there's.

20220219_101518_HDR.jpg

20220219_101034_HDR.jpg

20220304_213921_HDR.jpg

I gave up making the Talion light, it's really a better car as a heavy supercar (unpopular opinion lol). I'm building a Tekno next as my light weight Truggy :)

If the batteries are in thats a good weight

I gave up making the Talion light, it's really a better car as a heavy supercar (unpopular opinion lol). I'm building a Tekno next as my light weight Truggy :)

If the batteries are in thats a good weight
No that is without a battery.

This is my "heavy setup" naked
Screenshot_20220305-162824.jpg

And heavy setup with tires, batteries, and body I believe.

Screenshot_20220305-163014.jpg

This is a light track setup I tested a few weeks ago. That's still with the big block 1717. So that car will do 2s all the way up to 8s. I run 3s and 4s at the track but 5 would be ideal. This is the time I decided that making a light talion isn't worth it.

Screenshot_20220305-163520.jpg

And this final picture is the lightest my Talion was actually running hundreds of laps at the track. It's using buggy wheels. I doesn't break anything, you can just keep going and going. I would run 8 packs back to back.

After all this I've embraced the basher Talion and it's still great on the track :)

Screenshot_20220305-164616.jpg

Works out to 9lbs 15oz and a damn fine car that could chase anyone out there

Last edited:
So far what I have done is the full Basherqueen set, M2C front and rear hinge pin kit, M2C front center brace, removed the sway bars, and removed the top cover on the battery tray.

What I am still wanting to do is the M2C speed chassis, and titanium adjustable links. Not sure if there is anything else I can do after that to drop weight.

So far what I have done is the full Basherqueen set, M2C front and rear hinge pin kit, M2C front center brace, removed the sway bars, and removed the top cover on the battery tray.

What I am still wanting to do is the M2C speed chassis, and titanium adjustable links. Not sure if there is anything else I can do after that to drop weight.
I just added the Ti Balls and they are amazing

IMG_20220318_161301.jpg

IMG_20220318_161317.jpg

IMG_20220318_162636.jpg

Nice. I have all the titanium pieces I could get coming from Scorched.

Got a little more weight off the Talion.

20220326_182403.jpg

I’m surprised talions are so heavy. I thought they were lighter for some reason. My old TA truggy only weighs 8.5 pounds.

EXB Talion is heavy. And has a LWB chassis. Go with plastic F/R braces to save some more weight.
Any Truggy pin tires are the lightest in general. Less rotating weight/mass also.
If overall weight is really a concern, lose those heavy MT tires while you are at it.

Just got back from the track with this setup. That's batteries included (heavy SMC 4s 135c)

IMG_20220327_222711.jpg

Here it is naked. No battery, body or wheels.
IMG_20220327_222921.jpg

I've decided the sway bars are junk and I'm tossing them lol
They restrict the suspension more than it helps it. MAYBE the rear one is worth it.... maybe....

Save another ounce
IMG_20220327_222104.jpg

Never seen a 1/8 track rig without at least one sway bar. Either front or rear as needed. But just doing it to reduce weight is not an option IMHO. A minor weight reduction resulting in more body roll.
I also find that the Arrma 6s sway bars and their center retention setup is not all that. And are hard to dial in evenly left to right because of this. Sway is uneven left to right. NG. (n)
For wide open field bashing, this is not so critical.
I use the HR alloy sway bar bracket at the Bulkhead. Keeps the center of the sway bar more flat. Helps better. The plastic stocker seems to flex when the sway bar is under load.
:cool:

Last edited:
Never seen a 1/8 track rig without at least one sway bar. Either front or rear as needed. But just doing it to reduce weight is not an option IMHO. A minor weight reduction resulting in more body roll.
I also find that the Arrma 6s sway bars and their center retention setup is not all that. And are hard to dial in evenly left to right because of this. Sway is uneven left to right. NG. (n)
For wide open field bashing, this is not so critical.
I use the HR alloy sway bar bracket at the Bulkhead. Keeps the center of the sway bar more flat. Helps better. The plastic stocker seems to flex when the sway bar is under load.
:cool:
Lots of people have been ditching their sway bars at my track because it's so bumpy. We got ruts and rocks. It needs some work.

Last week I was getting better handling without the sway bars. I may put the rear one back on but we will see after a few more packs.

This has all been a lot of serious trial and error! I'm actually testing all these setups.

Last edited:
EXB Talion is heavy. And has a LWB chassis. Go with plastic F/R braces to save some more weight.
Any Truggy pin tires are the lightest in general. Less rotating weight/mass also.
If overall weight is really a concern, lose those heavy MT tires while you are at it.
The stock tires and these tires came out the same on the scale. I am sure there are lighter tires but I also want to be able to go in all the terrain that I want. I'm not giving up function for weight savings. I'm trying to take off weight for less stress on the rest of the car.

20220219_101518_HDR.jpg

20220219_101034_HDR.jpg

LIGHT is always good IMHO. However you slice it. More nimble and faster rig. Less drivetrain loads.
Truggy pin track tires are lightest. Most brands. They work in most any terrain. I run them on my Kraton, Noto and MT410 Tekno. Zero offset wheels.
You have a very light rig there. Impressive.(y) That is harder to achieve than many think.:cool:

Dropped .55 pounds and it only cost me like $450 to $500 lol.
Going to have to sale the Kraton EXB roller I got to keep going on this lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back