Kraton What are some must do mods on a new Kraton 8s? What about parts to keep on hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroneeyedboh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I remember when I was reading about these Kratons, I saw some must do mods when you get a new one. For instance, teflon the pillow ball reatiners, check the diffs and or change the fluid out etc. There was two that I cant remmeber now exactly what they were and I cant find them via searching.

One was to remove two screws and use longer ones so they go thru the chassis deeper, does that ring a bell for anyone?

One other one was to use a longer pin of some sort to help lessen the load on the suspension tower somewhere... Any help on this?

Im going to place an order at Amain, so I was wondering what are some parts to keep on hand for common things that break? I thinking of getting these first off Arms, pillow ball reatiners, then I'll replace things as they wear from M2C like the hinge pin block, maybe axles etc.

Thanks!

Drive it.
Seriously. Everyone’s upgrades a different depending on their use. Yours might be entirely different if you go airborn more than my gravel and field driving.

My first changes on my Kraton EXB were the Arrma mud guards, m2c steering (with shims to tighten it up), the m2c hinge pin blocks front and rear, and RPM rear arms / mud guards.

Then I did ear plugs in the center, fluid experiments in the front and rear diffs, some other m2c stuff, etc

☝🏼 My first big upgrade was the steering system, vitavon. But not after driving it for several months. Other than that simple stuff/things I didn't really need like hub extenders, mud guards F&R. I agree with the post above..drive it...break it..upgrade it. 🤙🏼

Id keep a set or two of diff gears on hand just in case while your tuning the diffs. My rear diff is currently aluminum with vitavon gears and no issues since. i would second the vitavon hubs and steering upgrades. other than that i would only replace/upgrade as you find weak spots. Enjoy!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back