What battery would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sort of new to the hobby but I bought 4 of the CNHL 4’s 9500 90C. The first two runs I thought they were awful but the last several runs we have been getting atleast 25min it seems running an 8s Keaton. So I’d buy these again, in fact I just did buy two more today!

I haven’t had the other ones but everything I read on this forum is that they are great too!

Hard to beat cnhl for the money. If the prices are close though. Or not a consideration, I'd go smc

CNHL and SMC both have sales going on now. I’m torn between these two batteries for a max5 g2 800kv rig.

What would you choose?

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.ph...th=144&product_id=774&sort=p.price&order=DESC

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...-battery-with-qs8-plug?variant=43030493233366
The SMC.. The difference of 800 Mah and 20C between them and their prices are insignificant. More is the brand here But it's your wallet. The CNHL on paper is supposed to look better. Maybe just splitting hairs, they are both fairly close in spec. Probably both are decent Packs.

Last edited:
I have both, 90% SMC. After I ran a new SMC 6s pack, this past week, I noticed one of the leads had backed out of the balance plug, and it would not stay in-probably a broken retainer clip. Emailed Danny at SMC, and had a shipping label within an hour, to send it in for repair-no questions asked. After I had sent it on it's way, I emailed again, asking if I could buy another 4s pack, and have him ship it back with the warranty repair, to save shipping. Again, no problem. Had an invoice, pronto. Try that with CHNL. :LOL:
I timed CHNL 6600 120c 4s and SMS 6500 150c 4s, running in my 6s Kraton EXB, yesterday. Got ~11 min w the CHNL, and ~14 min with the SMC. Samples of one, but the only time I buy anything other than SMC is if they don't have it, like crawlers batteries.

I have both, 90% SMC. After I ran a new SMC 6s pack, this past week, I noticed one of the leads had backed out of the balance plug, and it would not stay in-probably a broken retainer clip. Emailed Danny at SMC, and had a shipping label within an hour, to send it in for repair-no questions asked. After I had sent it on it's way, I emailed again, asking if I could buy another 4s pack, and have him ship it back with the warranty repair, to save shipping. Again, no problem. Had an invoice, pronto. Try that with CHNL. :LOL:
I timed CHNL 6600 120c 4s and SMS 6500 150c 4s, running in my 6s Kraton EXB, yesterday. Got ~11 min w the CHNL, and ~14 min with the SMC. Samples of one, but the only time I buy anything other than SMC is if they don't have it, like crawlers batteries.
I buy CHNL at my hobby shop.

I buy CHNL at my hobby shop.
That's a good option, especially if you are already visiting to use a track. Since they're taxing internet sales now (in most states), the price delta is less. Your shop can't get SMC? I hate buying anything Chinese, these days, for obvious reasons, but today, if you want RC some products, it's going to be hard to avoid, especially batteries. I know SMC sources from China, but I have a strong feeling more of the money stays here, buying from a US based manufacturer, whether it's direct, or shop purchased.

Last edited:
99% of lipo cells are produced and outsourced from China. So are many upgrade parts and all Arrma products. Is what it is. Basic household consumables are also from China. A bit too late to undo completely at this point. Need to ween ourselves off that mentality. We been consumers of Chinese goods for some 40 years now. they have dumped goods on us for so long. And we just kept buying more and more...... Became a dependency on them, them controlling the market place. Not good, I agree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back