Kraton What battery spec/brand are you putting in the new Arrma Kraton EXB 8s BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoreFyah

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
Picked up the new Kraton model and right off the bat I noticed how heavy this vehicle is. Was thinking of going with the 4S lipos 6700 I have in my XRT but afraid it might not be enough power for it. I've seen some lipos that are 11300mAh (SMC) and not sure if the battery weight is adding too much weight for the overall car.

What battery spec & brand are you putting in these new vehicles?

Running Zee 6200 4S 80C packs. Solid 10-15min of mixed driving.

Hoovo 8200mah and SMC 6000mah. I don’t use giant batteries in the 8S rigs because they’re heavy enough as is.

Greetings,
Picked up the new Kraton model and right off the bat I noticed how heavy this vehicle is. Was thinking of going with the 4S lipos 6700 I have in my XRT but afraid it might not be enough power for it. I've seen some lipos that are 11300mAh (SMC) and not sure if the battery weight is adding too much weight for the overall car.

What battery spec & brand are you putting in these new vehicles?
If those smc lipo fit I would 100% use them tbh. Everything else people post in this thread not going to be as good as the lipo you have already. That lil bit of extra weight not going to kill you, especially if you not even sending it. I'd still send it but that's just me. :ROFLMAO:

You probably should have got the slightly smaller ones though! I love the smc 9500's in my XRT.

I use the 9500 hrb's in all my 8s RC's. I don't sweat the weight too much.

CNHL 9500 mAh. I had to modify the battery trays for these to fit my Outcast. They are 180mm long with wires. 3.5lbs for 2 4s batteries.

GAce 11000mAh
They are heavy though.
Using same here. I'm a total wuss and have given up trying to carry the thing any significant distance with these batteries installed. So heavy...

I have 4 of these and a year later IR still <1.3ohm for every cell.

I would start between 5200-6000mah and quality brand Lipo, if you want more runtime you can always go bigger at the extreme expense of weight/handling/heat.

Using same here. I'm a total wuss and have given up trying to carry the thing any significant distance with these batteries installed. So heavy...

I have 4 of these and a year later IR still <1.3ohm for every cell.
Yeah, I walk to my track area with my Kraton 6s strapped to my chest, kit bag on my back and I drive the Kraton 8s the 1/3 of a mile. Far too heavy to carry. 😄 But it’s a beast and so different to drive to the 6s.

The best I've found are these:

Power Hobbies Powerhobby 4S 15.2V HV 9000mah 120c Graphene Lipo Battery w QS8 Plug

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FHVTRHT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They provide a long run time and are happy (don't get hot) running a Hobbywing 1100Kv Max-5 combo.
power hobby lipos are expensive and not very good for the money. They test badly in all test i've seen. If you're going to spend that much you should just get an SMC lipo, much better performance.

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=182

Last edited:
I got a set of the 8000mah Power Hobby batteries for my Outcast (cause they fit, I’ve since switched to bigger trays from @dure16 ) and a few sets of CNHL 9500mah for my Kraton, Xmaxx and XRT. I like the CNHL packs, I typically buy them on sale for $75ish bucks. Never had a problem with the power hobby batteries either, but they are expensive.

I got a set of the 8000mah Power Hobby batteries for my Outcast (cause they fit, I’ve since switched to bigger trays from @dure16 ) and a few sets of CNHL 9500mah for my Kraton, Xmaxx and XRT. I like the CNHL packs, I typically buy them on sale for $75ish bucks. Never had a problem with the power hobby batteries either, but they are expensive.
man I went to get that smc link I posted and I saw the new packs they have now. They have even cheaper packs now! 4s 8400 mah for 80$ and it's a hard case that fits in stock outcast trays as well.

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=770

We are biased, but that said we only use SMC. We've tried others ( not all ), and SMC is clearly the best in terms of performance per gram, and when you wanna go fast, grams count.

s

Y'all mean the 5000mah 100c Spektrum's aren't the best for the K8S/O8S? Whaat!? Arrma even recommended them?🤔🤯😂😂
Just playing, @Matt05 , now I see the post on the SMC'S.
I don't have an Arrma 8s (yet), but for my use in an Xmaxx, I won't be going over 7000mah. Turns them into porky pigs IMO. Mind you I'm a rasher, not a basher!!🤣🍻

I printed a front battery tray for larger batteries in my Outcast 8s
IMG_5174.jpeg
(found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5593905 ).

I’m using cnhl 10ah 4s batteries. Long run times and the weight isn’t horrible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back