What happens if your shock bladder is torn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
This is on a non-arrma truck, but the principle is still the same. It's on an old HPI truck so maybe I can find a compatible substitute after some research. But for now I just re-assembled the shock. They seem smooth from what I can tell?

You essentially convert the shock from a bladder type to an emulsion type. The purpose of the bladder is to keep air trapped under the shock cap from mixing with the oil to give more consistent damping. Running with it torn is about the same as running without. The shock will feel different from the others, probably softer with more aggressive rebound.

You essentially convert the shock from a bladder type to an emulsion type. The purpose of the bladder is to keep air trapped under the shock cap from mixing with the oil to give more consistent damping. Running with it torn is about the same as running without. The shock will feel different from the others, probably softer with more aggressive rebound.
Lucky for me I have 2 per corner, 8 total. So I'm sure overall it won't affect the handling that much.

So essentially what you're saying is, it's a seal to maintain the oil/air boundary. Should be pretty easy to DIY then if I can't find a part replacement?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back