What is the correct process to replace a RX in a Granite 3S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
After a few hints dropped I am hoping to get a new radio for fathers day for my Granite 3S BLX, either the Dimbo or the Radiolink.

I have watched a few videos on how the replace the receiver in preparation, which I think I get the idea of, but assuming I do get one and manage to physically change the RX what do I need to do / check for programming, limits etc.

I have seen references to reprogramming, changing limits, runaways etc. and really not sure what I should be doing that all of that.

Could someone please advise me on what the process should be after changing the RX to ensure that everything is correctly set up afterwards?

Many Thanks

Jonathan

After a few hints dropped I am hoping to get a new radio for fathers day for my Granite 3S BLX, either the Dimbo or the Radiolink.

I have watched a few videos on how the replace the receiver in preparation, which I think I get the idea of, but assuming I do get one and manage to physically change the RX what do I need to do / check for programming, limits etc.

I have seen references to reprogramming, changing limits, runaways etc. and really not sure what I should be doing that all of that.

Could someone please advise me on what the process should be after changing the RX to ensure that everything is correctly set up afterwards?

Many Thanks

Jonathan
Depends on what radio you get, they all have different set up procedures

I don't have a DumboRC or Radiolink, but the receiver itself is usually fairly straightforward. Use double sided tape to attach it in the receiver box and plug in the servo (STR-steering) and esc (THR-throttle). Make sure the wheels are straight, then bind the receiver to your transmitter according to the instructions. If the receiver has traction control, the receiver/Granite may have to be on a flat surface before you bind. This way the receiver correctly knows which way is up/down/left/right. Your instructions should explain all of this.

Depending on your transmitter, there may be further adjustments you can make. For a Granite, steering alignment, steering end points/steering dual rate are probably the only things you need to adjust. Steering alignment makes the car drive straight when the wheel is straight. Steering end points/steering dual rate control how wide you want the left to right steering range. Plenty of YouTube videos on how and why you want to adjust end points/dual rate, I think the videos will explain it better than a written response. If you have traction control, you can turn it up or down. I have a Granite, I don't think it needs any traction control.

Last edited:
I don't have a DumboRC or Radiolink, but the receiver itself is usually fairly straightforward. Use double sided tape to attach it in the receiver box and plug in the servo (STR-steering) and esc (THR-throttle). Make sure the wheels are straight, then bind the receiver to your transmitter according to the instructions. If the receiver has traction control, the receiver/Granite may have to be on a flat surface before you bind. This way the receiver correctly knows which way is up/down/left/right. Your instructions should explain all of this.

Depending on your transmitter, there may be further adjustments you can make. For a Granite, steering alignment, steering end points/steering dual rate are probably the only things you need to adjust. Steering alignment makes the car drive straight when the wheel is straight. Steering end points/steering dual rate control how wide you want the left to right steering range. Plenty of YouTube videos on how and why you want to adjust end points/dual rate, I think the videos will explain it better than a written response. If you have traction control, you can turn it up or down. I have a Granite, I don't think it needs any traction control.

This is a good guide.

I'll add, if you get the RadioLink, go into the menu to item #20 - Failsafe. Select channel 1, confirm. Select channel two, confirm. While you are in select mode, you can wiggle the wheel or throttle just to make sure you are in the correct mode. You want to set them to neutral. By default, all channels are set to 100% for FS. I don't know what the thought process was behind that, but if you leave it that way, and your car loses signal (because, maybe you shut off the TX first), your car takes off like a madman...

Well, I got the Radiolink, looking at the online (full) manual there are loads and loads of settings that can be changed but I have absolutely no idea what most of them mean or if I should be checking / changing them... so I have heard the name but still don’t know if I should be changing them.

Can I damage anything if it’s not set correctly, for example trying to turn too much?

I’m now going on a hunt to see if I can find a full setup guide somewhere. ...

Congrats on the new radio!

The two settings you want to set right away will be steering Endpoints and Failsafe. There are lots of guides on-line about setting end points, the main thing is you don't want the servo to be pushing against the mechanical limits of the steering travel. Steer all the way to the right, and listen to the servo. Back off the right EPA till you don't hear the servo straining any more. then do the left side.

Fail safe - for each channel, select the channel, then the radio 'reads' the position of the wheel/trigger. if you want the F/S to be full breaks, or a bit of brakes, then push the trigger out, you will see the control panel respond. I set my FS to -0- for steering and throttle.

Gyro - when the RX light is red, the gyro is on. You can use the CH3 dial on the RX to set how sensitive you want it, or set it to -0-. There is a button on the RX, if you tap the button 3 times, the light will go green, that shows the gyro is off. If you go race, you will need to set the gyro off, they are normally not allowed.

Last - if you have kids, after you get the radio set up for your truck, copy the model profile to Model2. Rename it KidMode, and set the throttle DR to 50% (or whatever your kids need) When they want a turn, just swap the MM to Kidmode, quick and easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back