What is the ideal ground clearance for the front splitter for speed passes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
Working on my Big Papa long Rock and I was setting my pre loads on my shocks but I was wondering if there is a standard clearance of the front splitter.ive had my splitter as low as 1/4 " off the ground.and now it's a little below a inch .right around that 1" puts my cvd axles straight.if I drop the splitter lower the cvd axles drop to a angle which may put stress on the diffs.no? Any thoughts will help me decide where to set it at .thx I'll drop a pic to show you all where it's at now .let me know if I should drop it more or keep it this way.thx

16810857347708201196759929200363.jpg

16810860912047481556382513185914.jpg

I set it up for the road I am on; 5mm for good roads and 8-10mm for bumpy rough roads. Ideally you want it as low as you can go without scraping. Lately I've been finding that 8mm works for me since the roads I run on are rough and have some edges. If you don't have droop adjustment on that vehicle; you can limit downtravel with internal limitors (I use hard plastic tubing cut to size on the shock shaft under the piston. Limiting front down travel is so important; too much downtravel up front and on acceleration you'd pick that front end up too high and flip at high speeds.

Flip your front tires around; they are installed backwards with those rotational tires; Not sure how those tires will hold up; I suggest a strong bead of glue. I wouldn't worry about the CVD angles; you should be fine.

Thank you .before I took the pic I noticed the front tire thread was backwards lol .I was hoping no one would notice but ya got me with that hawk eye ..😁👍good catch..I just got these wheels two days ago .they are not for speed passes
Just for street cruising.and they are glued.i use slicks and will be getting some foams soon..so my road is pretty flat and smooth.and even .I did have the splitter at 1/4" off the ground to me that's very low but I was worried about the cvd axles at a downward angle.if you say it won't hurt then I'll lower the nose down more. I don't have any internal limiters yet in the shocks but I do have the tubing and I was planning to install them.kinda have to because every time I lift the front up or down it changes my camber .so with the limiters in place it's always going to be set at that limit spot. Thank you for your advice bud👍

Got the splitter at 5mm .oh boy it's gonna be a scrapper 🤣 ..we shall see. if it does I'll just move it up untill I get that sweet spot.ill start getting the limiters done .cvd axels are just a little at a angle.

16810893451227702338015849469986.jpg

I hope your springs are hard enough to prevent the front splitter from digging into the ground under hard braking. I forgot to mention that; you'd want the stiffest springs you can find. Or nitro tube it as a bump stop to prevent the front end from scraping under hard braking.

I recently realized my new RC6GS has an 'ABS' feature that I am absolutely in love with.
Be very very careful; its intended for Nitro/Petrol engines only where it engages the servo for the brakes back and forth. You can burn up your ESC real quick if it decides to trigger it quick enough that it goes brake then reverse instead of brake brake brake. Trust me I learn the hard way; burnt up a very expensive ESC because I decided to try it without knowing any better.

Be very very careful; its intended for Nitro/Petrol engines only where it engages the servo for the brakes back and forth. You can burn up your ESC real quick if it decides to trigger it quick enough that it goes brake then reverse instead of brake brake brake. Trust me I learn the hard way; burnt up a very expensive ESC because I decided to try it without knowing any better.
Thx, I think I experienced something similar today when I hit the ABS, slid, then quickly went into a reverse/cyclone donut...

I hope your springs are hard enough to prevent the front splitter from digging into the ground under hard braking. I forgot to mention that; you'd want the stiffest springs you can find. Or nitro tube it as a bump stop to prevent the front end from scraping under hard braking.
Yes I'm going to use the nitro tube for limiters.i believe you mentioned this in your first reply..thank you.ill get it done today and post how it went or if I have questions.i do have another kind of tubing that's harder than nitro tube.ill probably use that Thx.
I recently realized my new RC6GS has an 'ABS' feature that I am absolutely in love with.
My flysky GT 5 transmitter has that feature also..what does it exactly do? I have mine switched off .
I'll keep mine off then lol thank you

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back