Typhon What is this thing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
It looks like the receiver plug but it’s additional and tied to the motor attachment. it wasn’t on the original esc. What do I do with it?

18E15E81-A74E-4B61-A35A-56E274A19067.jpeg

The fan has its own plug, which is the same type of plug, but this is in addition to the fan plug and the receiver plug. I was thinking maybe it's power for like a light kit or something? I have no clue. I should add, that in the instructions that come with the ESC, this isn't in there. Only the receiver plug is shown.

I see. So not the ESC fan but if I added a fan to the motor. Motor doesn't currently have a fan. Thanks
It is highly recommended to have a motor fan. It will make your motor last way longer.

What brand is that ESC? It could also be a Telem motor sensor lead, for Temps or even RPM's. First test it out for power with a DVM meter. If so, its probably for a fan. Make a note of how many volts it puts out if it does. If none, maybe is a motor sensor Cable of some type. Just an idea.
It could even be an On The FLY control circuit of some type. Like for brakes, St dual rate, etc. or anything. I've also seen them before.

A BLX100??? A Firma variant??

Last edited:
It is highly recommended to have a motor fan. It will make your motor last way longer.
Do the latest 3S Arrmas have fans? My Typhon didn't come with a motor fan, just cooling fins. Only the ESC has a fan, which incidentally is what failed me (the ESC) and had to be replaced (so a lot of good that fan did!). ;)

Do the latest 3S Arrmas have fans? My Typhon didn't come with a motor fan, just cooling fins. Only the ESC has a fan, which incidentally is what failed me (the ESC) and had to be replaced (so a lot of good that fan did!). ;)
I believe they do include fans now.

Yes, the V3 4x4 BLX's now have motor fans.

It looks like the receiver plug but it’s additional and tied to the motor attachment. it wasn’t on the original esc. What do I do with it?

View attachment 109883
Its for connecting the Nitrous system that comes in the kit. If you didn't receive yours, contact Horizon right away ??

I contacted them last week. They answered that due to supply shortages during Corona they don't include the nitrous systems temporarily. They put me on a waiting list and thanked me for my patronage.

Back