Granite What parts are needed to convert a Typhon 3s to a Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
I know I need the chassis, center driveshaft, wheels and tires, and the bumpers, but what else? I could probably make it a wide Granite. I’m just bored with the power of the Typhon 3s, it’s terrible at stunts with buggy tires and I don’t want to truggify it. I could also buy a Granite and have both.

Buy another 4x4.
A Granite.
Nice to have backup rigs. Different Types of Rigs are nice. You never get bored.
Buy a Typhon 6s even.:LOL:
Change it up and learn different types of RC platforms.

Buy another 4x4.
A Granite.
Nice to have backup rigs. Different Types of Rigs are nice. You never get bored.
Buy a Typhon 6s even.:LOL:
Change it up and learn different types of RC platforms.
I really like the Granite, my cousin has one and it can do 3/4 of a standing backflip, lol. Just imagine without the wheelie bar!
I don’t think I’m ready for 6s yet since I don’t have a steady stream of money (no job), maybe I will buy a Granite after Christmas, I just need to get the money first.

I am all 6s myself. But if I were to consider any 4x4 rig, it would be a BRCC.
Converting a 3s Typhon to a Granite will cost more than its worth IMHO.
You are still in the same boat, no income? Save as best you can and move up to a different platform.
One example would be to get a sweet deal on a Typhon TLRT, get cheap RTR 6s electrics from JennysRC and run it on 3s lipos that you have already. It will be way much more durable of a rig. Sometimes you need to to think out of the box and not put all your apples in just one basket.
Just save your money up, take all the time you need to do this. And it can be done.

I am all 6s myself. But if I were to consider any 4x4 rig, it would be a BRCC.
Converting a 3s Typhon to a Granite will cost more than its worth IMHO.
You are still in the same boat, no income? Save as best you can and move up to a different platform.
One example would be to get a sweet deal on a Typhon TLRT, get cheap RTR 6s electrics from JennysRC and run it on 3s lipos that you have already. It will be way much more durable of a rig. Sometimes you need to to think out of the box and not put all your apples in just one basket.
Just save your money up, take all the time you need to do this. And it can be done.
I just can’t get a job, I’m not legally allowed due to me being too young. I don’t have any LiPos right now since my previous one died, I’m planning on getting a CNHL.

I understand. When I was young I tried to save as best I could with my allowances and chores around the house. Then I would buy things I wanted.
Lipos can get expenive. Perhaps Santa will get you one. If you were a good boy, or a bag of coals if you were bad. Too bad RC's don't run on coal these days. :LOL:

My son is going to get a bag of Coal if he doesn't do his homework tonight.:rolleyes:

I understand. When I was young I tried to save as best I could with my allowances and chores around the house. Then I would buy things I wanted.
Lipos can get expenive. Perhaps Santa will get you one. If you were a good boy, or a bag of coals if you were bad. Too bad RC's don't run on coal these days. :LOL:

My son is going to get a bag of Coal if he doesn't do his homework tonight.:rolleyes:
I’m hoping to get an SCX24 to use during the winter since it has been getting pretty cold. Luckily 3s LiPos are super cheap and are under $50 most of the time.

I know I need the chassis, center driveshaft, wheels and tires, and the bumpers, but what else? I could probably make it a wide Granite. I’m just bored with the power of the Typhon 3s, it’s terrible at stunts with buggy tires and I don’t want to truggify it. I could also buy a Granite and have both.
Technically bud a whole chassis swap and everything. BR is long wheel base as is the typhon. Granite is short base. Shorter arms. Bulk heads. Etc. And if i didnt swap chassis then u have a BR not a granite

Technically bud a whole chassis swap and everything. BR is long wheel base as is the typhon. Granite is short base. Shorter arms. Bulk heads. Etc. And if i didnt swap chassis then u have a BR not a granite
Seems like I should just buy a Granite, or I could save up a little more for a TLR Typhon plus electronics.

Or drive a big rock. Theyre cool too 😆
I’m not really a fan of the BRCC, I just don’t like that it’s a MT with a long wheelbase, it just doesn’t look right to me.

I’m not really a fan of the BRCC, I just don’t like that it’s a MT with a long wheelbase, it just doesn’t look right to me.
Yea. Ive been fighting to turn it into a big truck with a lift kit. I'm not in it for the very best performance. Im after what I want lol. But the rig isn't liking the diff ways ive lifted it. So rethinking with winter here. Pavement dries lots quicker than red clay. So turn the MT into a slammed truck. Maybe some sorta lowrider drifter....idk yet. Plus its just what it is till I get the $ to change a thing 😆

Looks and performance are 2 different things. The BR handles nice as many have said. I don't own one. But it would be my #1 4x4x choice.
Just me. They don't call it Big for nothing.;)

Last edited:
Looks and performance are 2 different things. The BR handles nice as many have said. I don't own one. But it would be my #1 4x4x choice.
Just me. They don't call it Big for nothing.;)
Much agreed! I got my wife a big rock and absolutely love it, but I’m hesitant to treat it like my granite because it’s my wife’s car and every time I break something I get that sideways look. It absolutely rocks though and is a blast to drive. I took it to the skate park recently and was thoroughly impressed. But I also broke a few things so won’t be doing that again. I save that kind of abuse for my granite.

I've actually recently done this with spare parts I had around from various 2nd hand purchases. For me keeping the longer arms, turnbuckles and wing is a good thing.
But the list is still pretty long
- chassis
- centre driveshaft
- body
- body supports
- side guards
- wheels
- hexes
- axle stubs
- front bumper
- rear bumper
- wheelie bar
- front and rear skid plates

20211222_192125.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back