Granite What are good quality esc & motor to make Grante 4x4 a 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XingRC

Reaction score
Bought a granite 4x4 brushed 550 eBay special:

Wanting to upgrade to 3s I’ve watched vids on how easy it is to swap motor/esc/pinion

What are good quality esc & motor to make it 3s?

Will a 100esc BLX & 3200kv motor fit in it?

Hobbywing 140a max10 worked good for me. Ended up with a 4000kv motor. The quicrun 10bl120 g2 is also a good esc for the money. Both come in combos with motors fairly reasonable.

Just my experience but I have had good luck with the BLX100's.

We have several of them running, very powerful for their size.

Just my experience but I have had good luck with the BLX100's.

We have several of them running, very powerful for their size.
I hate the cogging on the BLX 3S systems. I switched my Senton ESC to a Hobbywing and the cogging was 98% elimated. The power delivery overall is much smoother. Glad to hear you've had better luck than me with the BLX100! 🍻

I hate the cogging on the BLX 3S systems. I switched my Senton ESC to a Hobbywing and the cogging was 98% elimated. The power delivery overall is much smoother. Glad to hear you've had better luck than me with the BLX100! 🍻
That is too bad, we have not noticed any issues with cogging, what pinion are you running? On 3S with the stock 15T pinion (Granite) these little rigs are just crazy imo :cool:. The BLX100 like most all Spektrum ESC's are just rebranded Hobbywing.

Quikrun120a an 2800kv 4s motor.100$ combo

Screenshot_20231126_092442_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_113045_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Here's a typhon/granite/vendetta mix..it's a granite chassis thou..mmx8s an 40/63mm motor barely fit..so with smaller esc image upto a 70mm motor would fit with most 3,4s escz..

Last edited:
I would skip the Spektrum ESC, don't seem the most reliable.

If you are not planning on using the car in very wet conditions, a Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 is a great ESC. Otherwise the waterproof version is a good option: Quicrun WP10BL120 G2.
+1
I have that exact HW 10BL120. 2 of them. With alot of mileage. Flawless. Among my oldest BLX ESC's to date The better ESC hands down.
I never run in the wet anyway. Been there. Ruins the whole rig, BB's rust out and all. And Water and Electricity do not mix. Despite them claiming to be WP/WR. A simple thing like moisture from Grass Dew that creeps up on the Grass in the evening sunset fried an esc before. Caused a fire.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back