Granite What parts do I need to get 17mm hex wheels on my Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeachMeCars

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
I would like to run some 2.8" badlands on my granite. After looking through the forums, I am having trouble figuring out exactly what parts I need to make it work. Does anyone have a full list of parts needed to use 17mm hex wheels on the granite (14mm hex)?

I would like to run some 2.8" badlands on my granite. After looking through the forums, I am having trouble figuring out exactly what parts I need to make it work. Does anyone have a full list of parts needed to use 17mm hex wheels on the granite (14mm hex)?

Hot Racing makes a direct fit 17mm hex adapter. Just remove the stock 14mm hex and replace with the Hot Racing ones.

I’ve been searching for a way to do the same as 14mm wheels are somewhat limited.

After looking at the exploded views of the 3s Senton, Granite and Typhon it appears there is definite solution.

All 3 kits share 99% of parts but I noticed the typhoon uses different stub axles and 17mm hex’s, the driveshafts are the same part, as are the inner and outer bearings.

So the stub axle AR310905 will fit straight into the Senton and Granite and then any 17mm hex from eBay etc (or the original Arrma part ££££) will go straight on allowing for 1/8 buggy wheels etc to be fitted.

Anyone done this?

I’ve been searching for a way to do the same as 14mm wheels are somewhat limited.

After looking at the exploded views of the 3s Senton, Granite and Typhon it appears there is definite solution.

All 3 kits share 99% of parts but I noticed the typhoon uses different stub axles and 17mm hex’s, the driveshafts are the same part, as are the inner and outer bearings.

So the stub axle AR310905 will fit straight into the Senton and Granite and then any 17mm hex from eBay etc (or the original Arrma part ££££) will go straight on allowing for 1/8 buggy wheels etc to be fitted.

Anyone done this?
My only question is will the screw holding the hex on back out when you get big air? I got the hot racing part and I the hex pins every time because the entire wheel falls off after the screw backs out.

I will buy this to test it out if you know for sure these parts will fit!

Anyone done this?

It appears this way would cost about $50 if you ordered directly from Arrma. If they had the hexes in stock I would order because I'm curious about this now.

The hex attaches to the axle with a screw, I can’t imagine typhoon wheels constantly coming off.

I’m trying to find out the centre bore of these on EBay, if it is the same as the diameter of the stub axle it will reduce the cost. Also JennysRC has the typhoon 17mm hex’s complete.

Attachments

• 919B0DB9-9841-430C-9D7A-B43127D65B0B.png
    919B0DB9-9841-430C-9D7A-B43127D65B0B.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 954B9820-B7D3-4317-B82A-C6013CE2CD5E.png
    954B9820-B7D3-4317-B82A-C6013CE2CD5E.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 68
The hex attaches to the axle with a screw, I can’t imagine typhoon wheels constantly coming off.

I’m trying to find out the centre bore of these on EBay, if it is the same as the diameter of the stub axle it will reduce the cost. Also JennysRC has the typhoon 17mm hex’s complete.

With this method, using the same concept as 1/8 race platforms, that uses a grub screw inside the axle to hold the pin, tyre/hex will not fall off even if this grub screw comes out while rim is on the hex. but when you remove rim it could but normally loctight if metal on metal.

They are not in stock right now though. I will probably order everything once I can get those too.

Hot racing has 17mm direct fit on a granite blx
No adaptore needed

No adaptore needed

No adaptore needed

My only question is will the screw holding the hex on back out when you get big air? I got the hot racing part and I the hex pins every time because the entire wheel falls off after the screw backs out.

I will buy this to test it out if you know for sure these parts will fit!
Put some blue locktight on it, and don't run it for 24hr

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-101047.png
    Screenshot_20190504-101047.png
    502.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

No adaptore needed

Put some blue locktight on it, and don't run it for 24hr
I have those exact ones. I used a ton of blue loctite and it wasn't effective (even after waiting 48 hours). Got some red loctite to try but it will be a pain in the butt o change afterwards.

I have those exact ones. I used a ton of blue loctite and it wasn't effective (even after waiting 48 hours). Got some red loctite to try but it will be a pain in the butt o change afterwards.
the trick is you need to clean the oil off with alcohol first. that's why it didn't work

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back