Europe What rc for track meets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevecroft1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
I'm a newbie I have a few rcs but non that I can turn up to a track and race with. I have a felony 6s a granite 3s and a tamiya lunch box 3s wich I plan to make into a drag car wich should be fun having the airo of a brick but that's point for me I guess because it's stupid, I digress 😆 I'm looking for my next beast and want something that will get me into the majority of tracks in the uk because as iv found most places can be funny about what you race with so my question is, is the typhon 6s the car for me or is there something else I should be looking at maybe another brand (I'm a bit hooked on arrma at min but don't no of it suits what I want) any help would bu much appreciated.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Racing
I'm a newbie I have a few rcs but non that I can turn up to a track and race with. I have a felony 6s a granite 3s and a tamiya lunch box 3s wich I plan to make into a drag car wich should be fun having the airo of a brick but that's point for me I guess because it's stupid, I digress 😆 I'm looking for my next beast and want something that will get me into the majority of tracks in the uk because as iv found most places can be funny about what you race with so my question is, is the typhon 6s the car for me or is there something else I should be looking at maybe another brand (I'm a bit hooked on arrma at min but don't no of it suits what I want) any help would bu much appreciated.
Losi TLR 8ight Buggy, Serpent Cobra SRX8 Buggy, most of the good racing brands do excellent Buggy kits, nitro and electric. You'll have to see what rules they are racing under at your local track, they may only allow 1/10 scale electric, hopefully you'll be able to drive 1/8.

Tekno eb48 2.0 or eb410 2.0 1/10 scale
Team associate
Team losi
check if 1/8 vehicles are allowed in know in California my track banned 1/8 😂
Typhon 3s or 6s would get smoked by either car I mentioned

Tekno eb48 2.0 or eb410 2.0 1/10 scale
Team associate
Team losi
check if 1/8 vehicles are allowed in know in California my track banned 1/8 😂
Typhon 3s or 6s would get smoked by either car I mentioned
Nice one I love arrma but definitely don't want the wrong kit

https://www.teamxray.com/

personally money no object and going track im getting this
Absolutely!!! I'm a massive fan, they are superb quality! The reason I posted the Serpent stuff is that in Australia the price of a kit is nearly half that of an equivalent xray kit, but are very high quality. Though if I could choose it would be xray. I hope you get one you'll love it.

Absolutely!!! I'm a massive fan, they are superb quality! The reason I posted the Serpent stuff is that in Australia the price of a kit is nearly half that of an equivalent xray kit, but are very high quality. Though if I could choose it would be xray. I hope you get one you'll love it.
I will soon

X-Ray, Mugen Seiki, Team Losi Racing, Tekno, HB racing, Serpent, Sworkz, Team Associated, Kyosho, JQ racing.

All these brands have race spec kits which outperform a Typhon on the track in the hands of a skilled driver ;-)
Lighter and more setup/tuning possibilities.
Doesn't mean you cant use a Typhon for track racing off course.
Look around for what brand you can get parts for locally.

And from what i've seen nobody races on 6s, too much power. All go 4S (HV).

https://www.teamxray.com/

personally money no object and going track im getting the xb4
O wow bit rich for me 😆🤣 I'm looking about 5
X-Ray, Mugen Seiki, Team Losi Racing, Tekno, HB racing, Serpent, Sworkz, Team Associated, Kyosho, JQ racing.

All these brands have race spec kits which outperform a Typhon on the track in the hands of a skilled driver ;-)
Lighter and more setup/tuning possibilities.
Doesn't mean you cant use a Typhon for track racing off course.
Look around for what brand you can get parts for locally.

And from what i've seen nobody races on 6s, too much power. All go 4S (HV).
Thanks for the heads up ima get on some research.

That is another option, it might be good to see if you will enjoy it first. Maybe it is an idea to pick up a used car, it will require a check over, but in Australia I've found full race spec tlr buggys and truggys in near perfect condition for a 1/4 of the new price. Often they come with loads of spare parts and heaps of sets of tyres. The tyres are usually only good for practice, but when you burn through a set in one race it helps to have some extra sets to play with.

This is one of the used TLRs I bought, I stripped it down completely and rebuilt it, I fitted a test engine because this car I bought for my Dad, he bought a Navarossi engine for this. All up the car including tyres, engine and new body cost way less than the price of the kit, and it only had a couple of cosmetic scratches on the front shock tower and shocks.
20180629_222305.jpg
20180629_213201.jpg
20180629_213051.jpg

This is my Serpent that I built from a new kit
20180920_094157.jpg
20180920_094224.jpg
20180920_093951.jpg
20180911_070007.jpg
20180911_211526.jpg

Last edited:
That is another option, it might be good to see if you will enjoy it first. Maybe it is an idea to pick up a used car, it will require a check over, but in Australia I've found full race spec tlr buggys and truggys in near perfect condition for a 1/4 of the new price. Often they come with loads of spare parts and heaps of sets of tyres. The tyres are usually only good for practice, but when you burn through a set in one race it helps to have some extra sets to play with.

This is one of the used TLRs I bought, I stripped it down completely and rebuilt it, I fitted a test engine because this car I bought for my Dad, he bought a Navarossi engine for this. All up the car including tyres, engine and new body cost way less than the price of the kit, and it only had a couple of cosmetic scratches on the front shock tower and shocks.
View attachment 143151View attachment 143152View attachment 143153
This is my Serpent that I built from a new kit
View attachment 143146View attachment 143147View attachment 143148View attachment 143149View attachment 143150
? Do you own a typhon also? If so can you see if
That body would fit a typhon 6s chassis with little to not modifications thks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back