Kraton What to do with my V3 Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Now that I have the new EXB, I'm trying to figure out what I should do with my almost fully upgraded V3 Kraton. The only things it's missing is alloy diff cups, and aluminum bulkheads. The rest is upgraded with a mixture of M2C, Voltage Hobbies and Hot Racing. I even have a Max6/Hobbystar 4092-1730kv combo in it. Here is what I have:

Voltage Hobbies
Shock towers
Steering rack
Wing mount holder
Upper arm mount
Lower suspension mounts (FF, FR, RF, RR)

M2C
Chassis
Rear shock tower brace
Shock caps and o-ring pistons
Front chassis brace

Hot Racing
Rear chassis brace
Aluminum steering blocks with pillow ball retainers.
Aluminum rear hubs

Arrma
V4 motor mount and diff mount
Copperhead 2 tires
Wheelie bar
EXB servo mount

RPM
All arms
Front bumper
Wing mount

I'm trying to limit the amount of space my trucks take up in my home and I certainly don't need two Kratons. What should I do? The reason I went for the EXB is primarily for the weight savings. I know it will not be as strong as this truck but it will be lighter and that's important to me. So transferring over all the parts really doesn't make sense to me. But I may want to keep some, especially the ones you can no longer get.

With weight as a factor, which parts would you put on the EXB? Let me hear your thoughts!

My thoughts would be the lower suspension mounts (all of them) and maybe the shocks. I like the M2C shock upgrade on my talion. Will definitely do them on my EXB. Everything else would just add weight for little benefit at this point. We don’t have enough time on the EXB to really know how strong they are yet

I wish I had your “problems”. If it gets too much to for you You can store it at my house? On a serious note I think the above is correct, not enough exb data to know what to swap.

And whats up with the m2c shock caps? I saw kevin talbot video and the inside of the shock after a few runs got destroyed dampening was gone stock pistons exploded?

Well I swapped the shocks from my V3 to the EXB. They have the M2C pistons and caps. I did find out that the V3 bodies are 1mm shorter so I'll have to see how they work. I did adjust the droop to compensate.

Voltage Hobbies
Shock towers
Steering rack
Wing mount holder
Upper arm mount
Lower suspension mounts (FF, FR, RF, RR)

M2C
Chassis
Rear shock tower brace
Shock caps and o-ring pistons
Front chassis brace

Arrma
Wheelie bar

What should I do? The reason I went for the EXB is primarily for the weight savings. But I may want to keep some, especially the ones you can no longer get.

These are the parts I would keep, for the above reasons.. What would I fit though that's a harder choice ?
I see you have already done the shock caps, next thing to swap I think would be the braces and servo mount.
Voltage parts have just got be kept even if you don't use them ?

I'm in the same boat as you, I already have a practically full upgraded V4 Kraton and I don't want to just transfer everything over either..!!
I've been toying with the idea of turning my V4 into an Outcast..

These are the parts I would keep, for the above reasons.. What would I fit though that's a harder choice ?
I see you have already done the shock caps, next thing to swap I think would be the braces and servo mount.
Voltage parts have just got be kept even if you don't use them ?

I'm in the same boat as you, I already have a practically full upgraded V4 Kraton and I don't want to just transfer everything over either..!!
I've been toying with the idea of turning my V4 into an Outcast..
The voltage stuff is pretty nice. I've already swapped over the servo mount. I do prefer the functionality of the M2C chassis braces/EXB chassis braces through. I can't tell you how many times I've snapped that M3 screw off in the brace.

Transform it into an arrma you don't have.put all typhon, mojave,hell with put senton suspension on it.a longer chassis act truck???sky's are the limits with all the compatible 1/6& 1/7 6s rides .I'm thinking bout pulling front driveshaft on my jacked up mojave so the backflips can really THROW SOME ****.!OR SWAP ALL THE GOOD PARTS FOR STOCK PARTS AN SELL IT.at night before bed I lay there an think of all kinds of crazy **** I wanna try..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back