Where do the shims go in a Firma 3660 3200KV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
As the title says, I took the motor apart to do the bearings and forgot to take note of which shims go where. Can anyone tell me? Its a Spektrum Firma 3660 3200kv motor found in the 3S cars.

Im pretty sure all the shims go on the opposite end of the Pinion side. Wire side of the motor.
Don't quote me as Im referring to the 2050 kv motor. It has one thick alloy washer/spacer and 2 curved washers. Alloy shim goes on last. Spring curve washers first. Concave part faces inward.
It may be the same for yours???
Let others chime in to confirm.

Thanks so much! I am only seeing 1 alloy shim and one curved washer, but it is possible I lost one. I will put it back together tomorrow, and hopefully someone will have confirmed by then. Thanks!
Ouch... Just looked and the little black plastic piece that the wires go through is cracked. Do you know if I could buy just the piece, or do I have to buy a whole new motor?

Last edited:
Ouch... Just looked and the little black plastic piece that the wires go through is cracked. Do you know if I could buy just the piece, or do I have to buy a whole new motor?
I have not seen replacements for that part, but they might be available. Your motor might be OK to use if you put a bit of something to seal the cracked area to keep dirt and water out. But in my mind the stock motors aren't worth rebuilding: I replaced the stock motor in my Typhon 3s with a Surpass 3670/2850 motor that has more torque and runs cooler, all for around $40.

Shims go on the back end of the rotor....opposite of the pinion side. Curved washer first and then the spacer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back