Is there a difference in power between the max8 v3 and and spektrum firma 150A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
We alll like to trash on spektrum i have a firma new in the box that i could throw on my arrma kraton exb. My blx 185 cought fire for the second time. My noto feels slugish. Maybe because of the timing but even a5 0 timing it feels so underpowered. I can get a max8 v3 at m6 hobbyshop. Its a 200$ puchase

We alll like to trash on spektrum i have a firma new in the box that i could throw on my arrma kraton exb. My blx 185 cought fire for the second time. My noto feels slugish. Maybe because of the timing but even a5 0 timing it feels so underpowered. I can get a max8 v3 at m6 hobbyshop. Its a 200$ puchase
Doesn't more timing give it more speed?

Doesn't more timing give it more speed?
Yes but still feels underpowered for some reason. Im running the same pinion as on my kraton exb. Only difference between both was the esc. At 0 timing it has a hard time backflipping and correcting in the air. Thats why i went up in tooth count. Im at 11.5 i believe in timing right now

You need 15deg timing, less makes it actually worse. There are settings for d-wound (0-5deg) and for Y-wound (typ. 11-15deg), outside those values you get bad behaviors unless specified differently by the specific manufacturer.

Max8 will be just the same, just for more money.

You need 15deg timing, less makes it actually worse. There are settings for d-wound (0-5deg) and for Y-wound (typ. 11-15deg), outside those values you get bad behaviors unless specified differently by the specific manufacturer.

Max8 will be just the same, just for more money.
I should just take my spektrum esc change the connectors and bullets. At 15 timing?
My keaton exb suffered from cogging with 14T on the blx 185 the onky way i was able to fix it was with a homemade cap pack.

my fans seem to blow faster on the max 8 than on my firma 150a esc both on 7.4v could just be me 🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back