Canada Where do you bash? How do you find locations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbody300

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion EXB
hi Guys

Wondering where you bash? and HOW you find places to bash? and recommendations that you can find in any city? (I am in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area)

We have a bike track close to use with banked corners and jumps (all paved).. which is great.. but looking for more dirt bashing etc. (for good video content for our family RC youtube channel) you can see the track we have too: https://www.youtube.com/@thecanadianrcboyz

I was thinking construction sites, but usually they are blocked off with no tresspassing... just hoping we can share some ideas.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I google search "BMX", "skatepark", "trail", "open space", etc. Also i'll hover around on google earth (satellite view) looking for open areas that I might want to explore. It ends up being a trial and error process.

I google search "BMX", "skatepark", "trail", "open space", etc. Also i'll hover around on google earth (satellite view) looking for open areas that I might want to explore. It ends up being a trial and error process.
Basically this!

I also started by where I lived and worked outward until I found something that looked worth checking out

Agree, Google maps is great. Construction sites are tricky. Anytime I'm out and about I am constantly looking for parking lots, new Construction or anywhere to bash at or road bash.

I go to my local movie theater parking lot in the mornings. It's a building by itself in the middle of no where, so the parking lot is always empty in the early hours.

College campus parking lots are great. Abandoned malls too.

Or you can just build a track in your backyard. 😜😂(y)✌️
Screenshot_20230721_135014_Maps.jpg

I figured Canucks went door to door asking for local bash buddies. :)

R.gif

Seriously though, I have young kids and we go to a lot of local parks/schools that have fantastic areas for jumping and just general crawling. If you don't have kids, a single male walking around with an RC could be considered "sketchy" so check the area signage first!

Last edited:
but what are you searching for?

mountain bike trails - i didnt even think of that.. thanks!
I look for baseball fields first then zoom in to that and surrounding areas. Usually I can find a decent spot that way. My newest trick, which I’m sure you already know, is to find a spot then click topography in google maps. If it’s flat AF I’m not going.

I just go find a random lawn and rip it up🤣🤣🤣
Where ever you go, watch out for other people if your running a faster RC. Especially kids. You hit somebody's kid with your RC, you're gonna wish you hadn't!
Maybe thats why my dad doesn't use is full metal outcast 8s🤣🤣🤣 fiddlesticker weighs 70lbs

I web searched for my city, county, and the cities near me "park", "pump track", "skate park", "BMX track", and "RC track". I found all kinds of places I didn't even know existed. I also keep my ears and eyes open for large scale construction projects.

I just weave in and out of traffic in front of my house.

Somewhere on this site there's a nice picture of a Typhon that got run over in an intersection. Definitely dead, but as much damage as you would think. RC roadkill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back