Which one is good for the street? And who has tried them..lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So I order some powerhobby Scorpion belted tires know I see the SRC street tires but there saying not for speed runs?? What u guys suggestions thanx..🙏🏼 This is for my talion 6s EXB so I put the power hobby on my kraton 6s EXB and it looks good..lol

F2F5B401-5A9C-4614-AC8B-9DE5A82F7D89.png

7DEC7CF0-5736-4414-A3EC-0C2B6B5D5535.png

878F7E0A-400A-4740-8C69-1E035EFA7577.png

8044D807-8824-4F17-BAB2-3394AB468863.jpeg

They're okay, I think I've been to about 80 mph in them. I like methodRC SC tires a lot more on my Talion for on road use.

about 10mm smaller diam than stock talion tires and lighter. They're awesome and I've been using the same pair on my Talion for months now which is amazing considering I only really use them on the street.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...ires-on-switch-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued

They're okay, I think I've been to about 80 mph in them. I like methodRC SC tires a lot more on my Talion for on road use.

about 10mm smaller diam than stock talion tires and lighter. They're awesome and I've been using the same pair on my Talion for months now which is amazing considering I only really use them on the street.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...ires-on-switch-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued
So u used the powerhobby before u say? And I heard those too..lol I will look into them..thanx bro..

I meant I have the SRC road crushers. I like the methodRC tires a lot more.

^ My talion with methodRC tires

I meant I have the SRC road crushers. I like the methodRC tires a lot more.

^ My talion with methodRC tires

What Tires are on that car in this Video?!? My cars would like them.

Im On a QUEST for Tires for a Stretched Typhon. Which is mostly for the street and dirt bashing.
60-90 mph range.
I have a Big Stretch Kraton-Buggy that is more so for rough terrain, Grass running and Buggying about. I doubt id use it on the street, when I do now the tires melt away. Thast what the other buggy is for.

The Stock 6S Typhon tires don't last long and I can get up to 70mph with them. Fairly sold but they ballon too much.

These Belted Bandito MT's below are NOT Okay over like 50! Im done with them, they wobble now, blow out and up and ballon too much for belted. And they're Too Heavy! I cant get more than 50 MPH out of them anyway!! Just cant do it.

I have Hoon 107'd in Gold and White. I can get up to mid 70's with them. The Golds are Slower than the White's for sure. But the Golds are more immediate and grippy! At high speed the Golds just get too dartey.

I can't run the smaller non-belted Bandito's or the Hoons 100's on either 6S car, its just a joke. Good for Doughnuts! The Bandito CT's just literally burn and pop, like the stock 6S Typhon tires do and are less stable. BUT on the 3S Typhon, I love the Bandito CT's and can get to 70mph with them nicely. Its much lighter.

Its at least $125 for a set of tires so....

Im planning on getting a set of Stock Talion Tires (145m x 57mm, ???grams) to try out.
I'd like that diameter tire and they are light. Id rather something Better then them but similar too.

Sweep Racing Road Crusher On Road Belted
142mm X 80mm, 304gr each. ($30-35 each)

Sweep Racing: MT Terrain Crusher Belted
147mm X 80mm but 331gr each. ($40 each)

Method RC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED
139mm x 58mm, 212g each ($20-25 each)

As reference, 6S Typhon tires are 117m x 44mm, 110g each.

IMG_3375.jpeg

Those methodRC SC tires are amazing man and way better than stock Talion imo. They are very slightly smaller and probably the lightest tire you're considering besides stock typhon tires. I bet they would be awesome for your build on both the street and dirt. They last a long time too, way longer than stock talion tires.

The weight difference between SRC tires and the methrodRC sc tires is hilarious. You will be able to gear up pinion size going to the methodRC tires and they will easily handle 70 mph. The only catch is you have to glue them yourself which is easy. Just make sure you get that IC 2000 glue, it's the best stuff ever. I've not had to reglue my tires in the 5+ months I've had them.

Those methodRC SC tires are amazing man and way better than stock Talion imo. They are very slightly smaller and probably the lightest tire you're considering besides stock typhon tires. I bet they would be awesome for your build on both the street and dirt. They last a long time too, way longer than stock talion tires.

The weight difference between SRC tires and the methrodRC sc tires is hilarious. You will be able to gear up pinion size going to the methodRC tires and they will easily handle 70 mph. The only catch is you have to glue them yourself which is easy. Just make sure you get that IC 2000 glue, it's the best stuff ever. I've not had to reglue my tires in the 5+ months I've had them.

I'll likely try them, That rolling weight is one of the things thats important and Obvious.

I have a set of Duratrax Sixpack MT Belt 2.8's that are actually great on the grass and rough, you're not doing over 50 anyway.
They're 136mm X 70mm, 250gr each. ($15-20 each)

These are the street versions. In fairness they were both better when New :rolleyes: Duratrax Bandito MT Belt 2.8 I mentioned above posts 136mm X 70mm, 240gr each. ($20-25 each). I had them on the 3S Typhon but it overheats the motor, and I have a 20t in it.

The Ballooning is the problem too! Thats maybe my number one peve and I don't want to get into strapping them and stuff.

The Big Kraton Buggy is fine on the Copperhead2's. Some ballooning but it stays planted most of the time now and thats under 70, over grass. I want to go near 80 over a park field, easily and stably. I have a 23t pinion coming and I'll try others too. If that doesn't get it there, I'll try a TP Motor and see how close we can get. The Coppehead2's are 169mm X 97mm, 375gr each. ($20-25 each) ~ I digress again.

There is also these
Pro-line Racing 1/10 MX28 BELTED F/R 2.8" MT w/17mm hubs
They're 128mm X 53mm, 200gr?? each. ($30-35 each)

I want foams too.

Ive been using this on the Duratrax

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

Last edited:
These look Cool!

methodRC Terraform All-Terrain belted 1/8th monster truck tires on array 17mm hex wheels (2pcs, not glued)

They're 172mm X82mm, 416gr each! But 172mm Belted.
$25-30 each

View attachment 240950
View attachment 240948
I actually have these ones too. I've run them on my kraton, fireteam and talion XL. IIRC I've gone at at least 80 mph with them on my Talion xl. I'm not a big fan of duratrax tbh, I really like methodRC though and jetko looks good too, you could also give them a look.

I just got these today.
I gotta Glue them and hopefully get to try them tomorrow or Saturday.

They re a Bit Big for the Typhon Arms. I had Kraton Hex's on it at one time. May need to do those again.

Method RC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED
139mm x 58mm, 212g each (my scal weighs them at 216g)

The others in the pic are Duratrax Sixpack MT Belt 2.8
136mm X 70mm, 250gr each

IMG_3418 copy.jpg

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3416.jpeg

No Problem on the Stretched Kraton.

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3421.jpeg

I actually have these ones too. I've run them on my kraton, fireteam and talion XL. IIRC I've gone at at least 80 mph with them on my Talion xl. I'm not a big fan of duratrax tbh, I really like methodRC though and jetko looks good too, you could also give them a look.

Did you put vent holes in any of the method RC tires before you glued them?

They came already mounted, just unglued. The rim glue lip and tire are already "roughed up" oo for glueing. Foam inserts are in.

I expected they would come separated pieces.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back