Team corally tires: which ones are good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Wondering who either has a TC rig or has run TC tires on another 6s rig how well do they perform? Seems pretty easy to find them cheap, I was looking at the Shogun tires for my Talion XL, same size as Katars but I don't think they are belted.

Any other TC tires known to be good traction and durability?

Wondering who either has a TC rig or has run TC tires on another 6s rig how well do they perform? Seems pretty easy to find them cheap, I was looking at the Shogun tires for my Talion XL, same size as Katars but I don't think they are belted.

I have a Muraco, which is like the Shogun but with a different body. The stock Muraco/Shogun tires don't have enough traction on grass or pavement, and they are not belted. I replaced the stock tires on my Muraco with Katars - the Katars work better for me on grass, dirt, and pavement.

I really dig the "Grippers" that come on the Kronos. I did try the v1 Muraco tires a while back. They were mini pins..rubbish TBH.
These I like though (Grippers) light weight, great traction.. some say BF MT's are better. I find the grippers preffered for my use.

Screenshot_20230719-103054_Samsung Internet.jpg

Asuga but they're a big buggy/SCT option, probably comparable to Katar
I hear the Asuga tires are good on grass and loose terrain. Hard compound which is greasy on harder terrain.. at least according to Exocaged RC on YT🤷‍♂️
For the record, the TC tires I didn't like were from the v1 Shogun I believe. Not the Muraco✌

6887a49f_ba5d_4108_a6ab_fa0da0417867_2c5ad8fa9235ade8df41ab488b3e4c894043607d.jpeg.jpg

Sorry, I guess I missed the "Shogun" size..🤪
I haven't experienced the current Shogun tires..
The Asuga should be right around Mojave Fortress in dimensions I think? My vote, Fortress. Toughest rtr tires I've ever come acrossed. Pricey tho.
I like the kronos tires. They balloon more than backflips but also tear easier from my experience.
I have heard that.. I don't do high speeds though. So I've yet to blow any of them apart..The Grippers live up to their name. BF MT's are great too, just not "as" much grip as the "Grippers" in my experience. 😉

I was hoping for a cheap belted Katar alternative, but no belts and lack of traction was my concern. The grippers look like a solid option though. 👍
Have you checked to see what PowerHobby has to offer? I know they offer some belted tires and are usually on the "cheaper" side..🤷‍♂️

Have you checked to see what PowerHobby has to offer? I know they offer some belted tires and are usually on the "cheaper" side..🤷‍♂️
I have but have seen a a good number of people having issues with warped wheels on their 3.8 size tires.
Thinking about grabbing some Mojave tires from Jenny's. Pretty close to Talion size just more narrow. haven't heard anything except good things about those.

I have but have seen a a good number of people having issues with warped wheels on their 3.8 size tires.
Thinking about grabbing some Mojave tires from Jenny's. Pretty close to Talion size just more narrow. haven't heard anything except good things about those.
No experience with PowerHobby stuff. I see they make some belted tires for the Maxx. 5.6"x3" is a nice size, but if they're junk, well, worthless then..especially for $100 a set..plus they're +1/2" offset..
I know you like ur rigs with "a 'lil power" under the hood too. In which case, hard to pass on the perennial favs like Pro-line or even the Fortress. I'd say maybe MethodRC but their tread isn't very aggressive..
FWIW I am pretty sure I've seen folks push Fortress 6s to around 70mph..that's pretty impressive if the size works for ya.
Oh, and I don't think the Katar T's are really any wider than Fortress 6s, not much at least. I have both at home, Katar T's are a touch taller.
I'd give ya my Katar's, they're non belted though. Not a fan myself. No real grip to them.
Also, the Katars are a true zero offset, the Fortress have a bit of positive offset, maybe 1/4"? May or may not matter for your use though.

Last edited:
I went ahead and signed up for Jenny's to notify me when the Fortress tires with grey rims are back in stock. The red and yellow look great with the matching Mojave body, but in general I try to avoid wheel colors that aren't neutral. I don't want to have to pick a color to match red or yellow wheels when I paint another body, lol.

I'm afraid you'll likely be waiting a long time.. the gray wheels only came on the Mojave exb. Which has been discontinued sadly. You can however get them retail. Find some place with free shipping and that would take some of the "sting" out of paying retail.

I really dig the "Grippers" that come on the Kronos. I did try the v1 Muraco tires a while back. They were mini pins..rubbish TBH.
These I like though (Grippers) light weight, great traction.. some say BF MT's are better. I find the grippers preffered for my use.

View attachment 312264
I ran these on my Kraton 6s and really liked them. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of air control because they are light.

Anyone have 6S Backflip input vs Kronos XTR wheels?

The kronos wheels are weaker as well . Broke a spoke on one at least and have it shoe gooed together. Nice and light tho so thats the trade off
I agree, while I haven't broken either a Gripper(TC) or a BF MT.. the BF's are definitely heavier and I think Arrma's wheels are great overall..
I have actual weights of a butt load of tire/wheel combos written down at home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back