Good tires that are light for XMaxx and Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a 8s XMaxx and am curious what tires would be good that are belted? Also are there belted tires that are lighter than most so they do less damage to the drivetrain? Even all you that don’t have the XMaxx often have a 8s Kraton and it kinda goes for that too. I’m putting a 1100kv hobbywing motor in and am pondering on the options.

Xmaxx tires don't fit on a Kraton if you not change the hexes from the xmaxx.

Xmaxx tires don't fit on a Kraton if you not change the hexes from the xmaxx.
I am talking about belted tires that are decently light that are good for the Kraton 8s and XMaxx. I’m not looking to get traxxas tires

I am talking about belted tires that are decently light that are good for the Kraton 8s and XMaxx. I’m not looking to get traxxas tires
I am not saying that you need Traxxas tires. Only thing is that Xmaxx have different hexes then the Kraton ;)

Oh ok. They are different? I thought they used the same hex size. Aren’t they both 17mm?
No sir ;) :). Good old Traxxas have there own size and shape. 24mm splined hex.

M2C haves a upgrade for the Xmaxx Hex so you can use 24 normal hex.

You can use the beadlock Pro-Line wheels designed for the Traxxas X-maxx, you just have to drill them out if you’re going to use them on a Kraton/Outcast. The hex that the wheel mounts on is 24mm for both the X-Maxx and Arrma 8s rigs. The hub that goes through the wheel and the wheel nut is different sized Arrma to Traxxas.

I run the Duratrax Warthogs on my Xmaxx. They’re actually an excellent tire. Loads of grip, minimal ballooning, and they have a relatively small sidewall for good handling. I’m probably going to throw them on the K8 at some point to see how they do on there, but I’m actually pretty happy with the copperheads it came with.

Edit: I am running the M2C axles and 24mm adapters on my Xmaxx.
IMG_0389.jpeg

I run the Duratrax Warthogs on my Xmaxx. They’re actually an excellent tire. Loads of grip, minimal ballooning, and they have a relatively small sidewall for good handling. I’m probably going to throw them on the K8 at some point to see how they do on there, but I’m actually pretty happy with the copperheads it came with.

Edit: I am running the M2C axles and 24mm adapters on my Xmaxx. View attachment 322762
So the Warthogs are doing well for you then? Glad to hear. I was disappointed to see that Duratrax has discontinued the six packs, hatchets, lockups, ect.. not a huge Duratrax fan but they are an affordable option. I see the Warthogs have the blasted removable hexes though..too bad. Plus they're $65 a pair? Eh, I'll pass.
The Arrma (and other 1/5) use 18mm center holes in the wheels, TRX is 12mm, both are 24mm drive with TRX using the splined hex. Only real compatibility issue is using TRX wheels on other 1/5 scale rigs. The splines can be removed from the wheels. There are some other options out there too. Rovan RC has a few, as does MadMax..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back