Vorteks Why are the solders trash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it. Just asking why I spend thousands for trash solders??? Arrma?? Horizon hobby? Any answers?? Intermittent power because of trash solder. Love disassembling a car to fix your trash engineering. Starting to think electric is trash and gas is where to go. Prove me wrong???
I went through about 7-8 BLX100 ESC’s because the solder joint on the cap pack kept failing. It’s because the cap pack bounces around, especially if you’re jumping. The repeated impact eventually breaks the solder joint.

I’ve wrapped the solder joints with electrical tape to basically make a cast, so the solder joints can’t flex.

By itself, the tape helped a lot, but still wasn’t enough. So I used a simple thick rubber band to loosely secure the esc wire. Just so it can’t bounce around so much. I’ve found trying to lock down the esc wire doesn’t work because it ends up getting yanked from the sockets if you don’t leave some wiggle room.

Never had a problem with the solder joint since doing this.

Last edited:
I went through about 7-8 BLX100 ESC’s because the solder joint on the cap pack kept failing. It’s because the cap pack bounces around, especially if you’re jumping. The repeated impact eventually breaks the solder joint.

I’ve wrapped the solder joints with electrical tape to basically make a cast, so the solder joints can’t flex.

By itself, the tape helped a lot, but still wasn’t enough. So I used a simple thick rubber band to loosely secure the esc wire. Just so it can’t bounce around so much. I’ve found trying to lock down the esc wire doesn’t work because it ends up getting yanked from the sockets if you don’t leave some wiggle room.

Never had a problem with the solder joint since doing this.

Thank you for sharing an actual problem. Thank you for explaining the problem with some actual details. Thank you for sharing a simple fix it.

Thats how its done.

Thank you Arrma for making a quality product

Thank you Arrma Forum for being a valuable resource.

Back