Vendetta Why are some removing the Slipper Clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadcells

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Vendetta
It seems dangerous to me, but are people using a Slipper Clutch Eleminator for spped runs only? I have orderd the Vendatta and while I wait for it to be delivered I have been looking at all these post about it.
Oh BTW: I plan on just street crusing with my Vendetta.

/Quadcells

It seems dangerous to me, but are people using a Slipper Clutch Eleminator for spped runs only? I have orderd the Vendatta and while I wait for it to be delivered I have been looking at all these post about it.
Oh BTW: I plan on just street crusing with my Vendetta.

/Quadcells
Slippers are not needed for speed runs .a eliminator allows full power to the drive axles. But if your just street bashing I'd just keep the slipper in.

The slipper clutch is the first thing to go. If you're bashing without a clutch the rest of your drive train needs to be up to the job. I would keep the clutch unless you have a reason not to.

Aside from gearing options, does the spool/ eliminator do anything specific a locked slippered couldn't? Tighten down the slipper enough, and wouldn't it basically act like a "spool"?

I wouldn't buy the eliminator unless there is a specific need. But that's just me.

Aside from gearing options, does the spool/ eliminator do anything specific a locked slippered couldn't? Tighten down the slipper enough, and wouldn't it basically act like a "spool"?

I wouldn't buy the eliminator unless there is a specific need. But that's just me.
A specific need.. yea, a need for speeeeeed baby🤣, but essentially yes, except a slipper will heat up in a locked state rather quickly, also it applies unwanted friction within the drivetrain.. no bueno for speed runs!! 😎

A specific need.. yea, a need for speeeeeed baby🤣, but essentially yes, except a slipper will heat up in a locked state rather quickly, also it applies unwanted friction within the drivetrain.. no bueno for speed runs!! 😎

I couldn't resist this brother

dd24d031a91b5ab607d0efeb93072c3a.jpg

Is there a better all metal slipper for the Vendetta?

If you are only planning to do speed runs ,then eliminate the slipper.use a eliminator or make your own spool..but if you're planning to run also off road and jumping then do not remove the slipper..👍

So I plan on mostly bashing around the streets, maybe a speed run once in a while.
Thanks, I might look into the 4s or Hot Racing, Is the HR really worth that much $$, I mean does it really help with acceleration.

Last edited:
If running a super powerful, (Perhaps over powered ) tall geared Speed Run setup, yes a 4x4 Slipper clutch can be an issue. But when speed running, the ESC's Punch level is always turned completely down all the way. So in theory, Torque, would not/ should not overcome the slipper, if setup properly.
I think for most, going to a locked spur, removing the slipper, is a moot point here. Running hardcore 4s and 6s setups, it may matter more.
A locked spool versus a center diff in a 1/7 On road platform is a different story. (Lim /Infr)
The Lim. comes with a Locked spool out the box for this reason.

So I plan on mostly bashing around the streets, maybe a speed run once in a while.
Thanks, I might look into the 4s or Hot Racing, Is the HR really worth that much $$, I mean does it really help with acceleration.
Not sure if you are asking about what I said…
I was referring to the 4s slipper/spur. Those are metal, not plastic, and hold up to wear better. Hot racing makes just the gear part that you can swap in and keep the slipper assembly for about $35.

They also make a spool gear that doesn’t have the clutch pads and is a total replacement of the assembly.

Listen,for what you plan on doing honestly you don't need a metal spur gear or mess with what the vendetta has stock for a slipper..You mentioned your only going to do street bashing and a few speed runs with this vendetta.youll have plenty of power, and fun with the way it is stock. When I street bash on my street ( not a parking lot) I'm doing no more than 25 to 30 mph and even 30 is to much speed on street when doing figure 8's or circle bashing .my street is not wide .so anything over 28 is over kill.i wouldn't even be able to make a full circle at speeds higher than that. If anything bring your pinnion up by one tooth.get you a little more kick..watch your temps.if you don't have a temp gun ,I suggest buying one #1 motor killer is heat.1 tooth up wont hurt.

@Quadcells , you are not doing dedicated speed running. An occasional speed pass is not real speed running. Hard Speed running is 100+mph. And you would not be bashing with a speed setup like that. It is not done ths way. It is either a speed runner or a basher setup.
Your setup is just for bashing. A slipper is fine. You will break drivetrain components if you bash with a dedicated speed run setup and no slipper.
My spin.

Thanks all for your information and comments. I'll just stick with the stock slipper.

Thanks all for your information and comments. I'll just stick with the stock slipper.
The stock slipper can take a lot of abuse and you'll be fine for what you want to do ..pay attention to the sound of the click of your mesh..,when your spur gear wear down or strips ,the clicking sound will change .Then you'll know if something is wrong .👍good luck and go blast that vendetta,😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back