Infraction Widen rear end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_17

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction 4x4
I want to widen the rear end of my infraction to match the felony. I know that I can swap over the felony parts, change the gearing, etc to make the infraction the same, but I'd rather just toss some hub extenders on to match the width.

The whole reason is to run the Protoform C8 corvette body. I don't care about handling, I just bash it around on my street.

Can anyone suggest which hub extenders to get? Admittedly, I'm a noob.

Power Hobby makes wider wheels, that are not any taller the than the matching PH fronts. These wheels may just be fine for Bashing and drifting around.
FWIW, the V2 Limitless now also runs a wider rear Track width. It is running the wider stub axel, hex adapter,and matching rear hub upright. Double check the parts. Not sure how much wider the track width is compared to a Felony Track width. Some food for thought.
Need to find out exactly how much wider the Felony Track width is, before you decide which way to proceed, Longer hex adapters or whichever way you do it. I feel keeping the same track width at all 4's is the best and correct way to do, it.
You are doing this only for the C8's aesthetics (a Felony specific body), the wider rear of its body.
But many have done just this to make a C8 body look proper fitting.

Last edited:
I did what you're asking about for my jota felony body. gpm makes iirc +12mm hub extender and it worked great for me. I actually love what it did to the handling too.

20220924_173210.jpg

not perfect but it looks good enough for me 😎

I did what you're asking about for my jota felony body. gpm makes iirc +12mm hub extender and it worked great for me. I actually love what it did to the handling too.

View attachment 309536

not perfect but it looks good enough for me 😎
Love it! I'll be doing the same. I'll update when I have the new body on.

Ahh yes, the poor man's (ricer) offset.

*No Judge but if you're adamantly against the diff swap I'd personally figure out a way to run the deep-dish wheels front AND rear. Not much a heat gun and fender roll can't fix, especially on a plastic toy body.

*No Judge but if you're adamantly against the diff swap I'd personally figure out a way to run the deep-dish wheels front AND rear. Not much a heat gun and fender roll can't fix, especially on a plastic toy body.
I love how you're calling it the ricer offset when we're dealing with a basher RC car.

The protoform body is wider at the back, to accommodate the wider rear of the Felony. The body looks silly on the infraction because of this. I'd much prefer the body was designed around the infraction from the beginning.

I also have 4 sets of fresh choons on hand. Hopefully they last as long as this body does.

Can you not do it using Kraton hub carriers etc ??
I saw a video a while ago of someone using that method and it worked good. I think the hub extenders are cheaper than buying all the kraton parts you need though I could be wrong.

I saw a video a while ago of someone using that method and it worked good. I think the hub extenders are cheaper than buying all the kraton parts you need though I could be wrong.
The hub extenders are the cheaper & easier option . cost me £70 in the UK for my setup. Had to import the Hot racing hubs from the USA.

Wouldn’t be difficult to create a front wide body/fender flares. Just trying to be unique/creative here 👍

Or Uncle Ben’s FTW!

1688579535054.jpeg

I kind of agree with ya.
Except that those Felony Rear 53/107mm wheels suck overall for traction. I have tried them on all 4's. They are far from all that. (n)
And the added Ride height (107mm) alone, poses a challenge.

I want to widen the rear end of my infraction to match the felony. I know that I can swap over the felony parts, change the gearing, etc to make the infraction the same, but I'd rather just toss some hub extenders on to match the width.

The whole reason is to run the Protoform C8 corvette body. I don't care about handling, I just bash it around on my street.

Can anyone suggest which hub extenders to get? Admittedly, I'm a noob.
If you didn’t want to extend the rear hubs you could always run these at the rear. Same width as Felony, but not as tall. Same as your fronts, so gearing does not change.
IMG_2653.jpeg

^^^
Yeah that would K.I.S.S.
While serving your purpose, and not $complicating$ things so much.:cool:

If you didn’t want to extend the rear hubs you could always run these at the rear. Same width as Felony, but not as tall. Same as your fronts, so gearing does not change.
View attachment 309559
Disregard everything I said and just run these in the rear, don't forget to post a picture!

Disregard everything I said and just run these in the rear, don't forget to post a picture!
View attachment 309559
I already bought the GPM hub extenders. For ~$13 it is hard to go wrong but I'll probably pick up a set of these wheels so I can do a comparison shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back